Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The Flip Over Method....Ideal for Naturals?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Flip Over Method....Ideal for Naturals?
    Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 9:41am
So I was looking at Ivy Powell's flip over method on YT the other day and I got to wondering, is that install method an ideal option for naturals who don't want to deal with their leave out and don't want a closure? Has anyone had experience with that install method?
Sponsored Links

Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 11:06am
Never tried it but Ivy hair is not 4c unless she perming her edges every month so it looks nice in theory but I dont know how it would work in person unless you are using hair that is close to your own natural texture. 

I also feel a certain type of way about cutting the wefts in the top.
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 11:37am
I see what you're saying. Thx :-)
kandyse1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kandyse1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 6:42pm
The method is only ideal for matching textures whether curly or straight. Also what people have to realize is what works for you may not work for other people.. I trie that flip over method over a year ago with some anson Malaysian curly hair.. it was good... Then I tried it with straight hair which was not ideal for me unless I like to flatiron my hair often which I don't.. I agree with Princess G.. she flat irons her hair a lot and she looks like she has a smoother texture of curly hair kind of like fine newborn baby hair kind of thing so that flip over method with straight hair is not ideal for me... If you plan on doing it make sure you seal those wefts because its a lot of cutting of the tracks
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 3:15am
i did the flip over method based on her video.  i used deep curly that has some coarseness to it but i'm also relaxed.  it looked good for a few weeks but then i realized why i hate weaves with no part.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 8:00am
After a few weeks does it give you that Janet Jackson circa thats the way love goes vibe???
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 8:59am
lmaooooo yes!!  That's so accurate.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 9:48am
Yeah I aint bout that life, I had to tell my GF nope when someone gave her a curly no weave. Hers was shorter so she was looking like Whitney from waiting to exhale and we cant go outside like dat...
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 1:18pm
LOL at the Whitney and Janet examples.

Its a decent method for naturals because it minimizes the amount of leave out. You would then have to choose hair that closely matches your texture. If you're going to go too far outside of that then it will look absolutely terrible when it grows out or when your leave out becomes damaged from too much manipulation. 

A work around for that would be using the method on a cap so that its like a 3/4 wig or making it on a small piece of net like a closure. That way you can adjust it as it grows and wouldn't have to worry about wasting your good hair. Otherwise, you will likely lose those short pieces of weft.
kandyse1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandyse1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 1:25pm
Yeah that's how I use it on a wig cap... The same exact way but don't have to worry about it growing out etc..
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>