Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The Family Bed.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Was this common in your family growing up?
Do you plan on or would you consider having a family bed?
At what age should kids not be sleeping in the same bed as their parents?

ppl do this on purpose?? accidently falling asleep yes...but on purpose no....
my kids have had their own bed since they were born...didnt use it until they turned 1Ermm
 but on the flip side.. i use to get in the bed with my mom when i was like 16LOL and 25

but yeah i wasnt tryna spend the night thoughStern Smile
Sponsored Links

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 9:55am
oh and my god daughter sleeps in the bed with me when she visits.  she ain't having it any other way...
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 9:58am
no it wasn't common in my fam. no i wouldn't do something like having a family bed. little girls can sleep in the bed with her parents up until 12. once a boy turns 5, he should be in his own bed every night.

WadadliQueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WadadliQueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 10:01am
Well I lived with my grandparents for the earliest part of my childhood and I slept with them in their bed until I went to live with my parents. I slept nearest to the wall, granny in the middle and grand-dad on the end.... I never even gave it much thought that I did until now

When I have children, I wouldn't want them sleeping in me and my husband's bed unless they're sick or scared or something of that sort.
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 10:07am
Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

no it wasn't common in my fam. no i wouldn't do something like having a family bed. little girls can sleep in the bed with her parents up until 12. once a boy turns 5, he should be in his own bed every night.

< id="_npwlo" ="applicationpwlo" height="0">

why the difference between boys and girls?
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 10:12am
I think it would make kids too attached to their parents.
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 10:17am
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

< id="_npwlo" ="applicationpwlo" height="0">

why the difference between boys and girls?
well i'm a softy when it comes to the women in my family, so i'm sure i'd let my princess sleep with us every now and then until she turns 12. i don't think i can tell her no tbh.

my son on the other hand, at 5 i feel that is just the appropriate age for little boys to stop sleeping in the bed with their parents.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 10:43am
I didn't sleep with my mom because I liked to read until I fell asleep so I'd be under the covers with a flashlight.

If I were to have kids they sleep with me until they decided they want to sleep somewhere else. But...I don't really think anyone kids need their own bedroom and I think people should sleep where they're comfortable. If they're comfortable in the bed with me, fine. If they want to sleep in kids sleeping room, fine. If they want to sleep in a hammock in the hallway, fine. Floor of the den? Fine.
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I used to sleep with my mom when I was little and my dad worked 3rd shift.
I'd sleep on the foot of the bed though...like a weirdo.

LOL

I used to do this too when I was little

SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 12:38pm
i dont recall such memories
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic