BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The EXTREME Weight Loss Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 4.38  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cocoa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

i LOVE erika. def. go to her website, it is such a wealth of information. she really delves into the "why" of some ppl holding on to weight and i really relate to her experiences. some of her recipes are really good.

which???
Sponsored Links

PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 7:22pm
Well, I will say this: It only gets harder as you get older.  I used to be able to drop 30 lbs in a month easily.  In my 20's.  Now at 52, it's like impossible.  My metabolism is set.  But I have had great success lately without exercising or even dieting. 
At 222 lbs, I freaked out!  I'm 5'7" to put it in perspective.  The largest size I was in at that weight was 18.  Current weight is 185.  Size is 14.  My goal weight is 160, size 10.  Weight looks different on everyone, and NOBODY believed I was 222lbs. 

I cut fat out of my diet as much as possible.  Yes, that meant red meat, fried food, cheese, butter, chips, etc.  I started on broiled, grilled, and baked chicken and fish.  I steamed POUNDS of vegetables, most significantly broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, squash, etc.  I ate only BROWN rice for carbs, and beans. ( Now some people get gassy from those foods, but I added beano and mtv daily, to avoid that. )

I also read EVERY label on food, if it had more than 0.5 grams of fat per serving, I passed on it.  I will say that later I worked up to 2 grams then 3 grams of fat per serving, no more than 9 grams in a total meal.  Every once in a while, I could eat a baked potato.  No butter no sour cream, only veggies on it.

I ate salads with every meal.  Large salads.  No bacon, no cheese, just veggies and FAT FREE dressing.  I allowed 7 croutons, or 7 tortilla chips, lol.  Oh and avocado, good fat.  I found a product I love called parkay free, its a buttery spray in a yellow and blue bottle, no fat, no calories, and I will tell you what, that stuff is like CRACK, it tastes so good, and you can cook with it.  I replaced pasta with spaghetti squash.  I ate a lot of cooked veggies in that "butter stuff" and garlic and red pepper or whatever seasonings that were calorie free. Hello, a head of cauliflower can replace mashed potatoes.  I limited carbs as well.

I don't drink sodas, only coffee, iced tea, and sometimes flavored water.  Maybe a club soda with lime or lemon juice.  Now I would have lost more, faster if I gave up Vodka, but that wasn't an option.  So instead of drinking vodka and grapefruit juice, I switched to the Chilton, which is club soda and lime in the Vodka, or sugar free cranberry juice.  If I drink juice at all, it's watered down with 75% water.

So yeah I did not exercise at all!  I am however going to start, cause I want to be swimsuit ready for my cruise.  Oh I forgot, I do wear 5 lbs ankle weights to work.  I do a lot of walking at my job, and the weights help to tone.  I do park a little farther form my destination to add a few more steps. 

I have grown to despise food commercials.  Fast food is killing us!  I still will eat it, occasionally, but I order it MY way.  Mustard no mayo. Double tomatoes, double lettuce. GRILLED chicken not breaded.  Fruit, no fries. Tea, not soda.  Taco salad, no cheese, no ground meat, shredded chicken, no dressing, just salsa, hold the tortilla shell, just gimmie a few baked tortilla chips. 

You can do this ladies, it is a mind set.  Just think of the bad food as POISON.  It is slowly poisoning each cell of your body, and you must insist on fresh foods cooked in a healthy manner.  Your mind will follow suit, you will then stop craving all the junky foods we eat that keep us getting bigger and bigger.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

i LOVE erika. def. go to her website, it is such a wealth of information. she really delves into the "why" of some ppl holding on to weight and i really relate to her experiences. some of her recipes are really good.

which???

blackgirl's guide to weight loss. erika nicole kendall

lol i call her erika like i know her.

http://blackgirlsguidetoweightloss.com/

Edited by Ladybird0724 - Jul 21 2013 at 7:51pm
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 8:19pm
Workout 5-6 days a week
Eat clean
Green tea helps
Cut out sugars, even substitutes.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 8:22pm
i see girls like that op all the time on facebook. they droppin 150 at at time..these are 300 plus pounders...and i cant even drop 60..as i eat my grandmas cookies.

Sleepy

i dont have the right mind for it yet i guess. dont know how to get/stay motivated.
so at 5'7 im still 184..Cry

JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 10:33pm
Dont be afraid of healthy fats from nuts, avocados and healthy oils etc....

Good fats are better than bad carbs....
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 3:35am
Originally posted by laceyfront laceyfront wrote:

Why do the arms stay big when people lose weight, I see that all the time in before and afters?

and on biggest losser

It might be very loose skin. The underside of upper arms don't tighten up easilyCry
shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 9:33am
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

Dont be afraid of healthy fats from nuts, avocados and healthy oils etc....

Good fats are better than bad carbs....

Amen!! Smile
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 4:56pm
Nikia weight loss before and after

http://www.blackweightlosssuccess.com/nikia-lost-150-pounds/#.UfBNY6xFA78

o share my journey with you all. In 2003, at only 22 I finally got on a scale…and to my surprise it read 389 pounds. I was blown away. Already boarderline diabetic, I was taking high blood pressure medicine and was in the worst physical shape possible. I was also informed that due to my weight, I had a hormone malfunction which put me in the 90% chance of never conceiving a child category. I took control of my life and decided that I wanted better. I then began to workout religiously, I completely changed my eating habits, and in about 1 year and a half I was down to 178 pounds in 2005...
grandhustle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grandhustle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 6:02pm
My BFF lost half his weight...218 pounds in about a year and a half! Pm me for pics!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>