Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The EXTREME Weight Loss Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 4.38  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 2:29am
Yes and unfortunately it makes sense, if you cut daily calories in half for a while and then go back to the required calories of course the weight will come back with a vengeance.

But when you've tried numerous things and only seem to tone up in the wrong places and not burn fat, crash dieting becomes more and more attractive. So it's a physical and mental struggle to not give in.

I heard and read about not cutting any more than 500 calories a day to be able to lose weight in a healthy way and to make a healthy transition back after the weight loss.
Sponsored Links

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 2:43am
Yikes.  That's why I'm not a fan of the lapbands, etc.  I think it's just too easy to fall into a safe lull of security, and find yourself becoming even worse than you were before after a little period of success.  I think consistency, and making sure you're comfortable with the changes are important. 
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 3:34am
Yea the things you tell yourself once it's off, it's easy to think "owh I have more energy now, I can keep this off" or "I am eating healthy so I won't be gaining weight".

I do think that for some people the bands can be a good thing because a stretched stomach stretches the appetite, but at the same time it's not a permanent solution and can backfire for some people in numerous ways if they don't change anything after the procedure.

And yes comfort is underestimated because people think no pain no gain, but everyone is not the same.

Oh I forgot to mention Apple Cider Vinegar can also aid the digestive system and can curb the appetite.
But drinking a table spoon of it in a tall glass of water can be torture while drinking through a straw (should've gulped it down, since it's ok to sprinkle over vegetables and chew on them, but at the time I had just jumped on the wagon, so I was being extra cautious).
I have tried the routine 30 minutes before breakfast for a while, but it made my mornings depressing, so I knew that wasn't something I could keep up.

I did read about using honey to help with the taste when drinking a table spoon of ACV in a tall glass of water... but my sensitive taste buds kicked that idea to the curb too. So I'll just be using it on salads or in food for now. Some people can handle its taste in water, but I am not one of them.

I think it's delicious on salads without additional seasoning.
So that could be another option. Or the apple cider vinegar capsules.

I personally haven't tried the apple cider vinegar capsules, just heard about them. I did notice a difference with my cravings with the other methods though.

I think I might go for a cucumber snack daily/every few days and sprinkle ACV over the slices, I figure two good things can't be that bad, plus it will keep them fresh while on the move.

Edited by Ritle - Jul 21 2013 at 3:43am
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 10:09am
Originally posted by shantel75 shantel75 wrote:

My problem is sugar. When I eliminate sugar completely from my diet, I drop weight like crazy!! 
I lost 76 pounds in 18 months on Atkins. Maintained for years until I got married and had a baby. Now I'm chunky again Cry But...I'm fighting!!

Ive recently jump started my weight loss by doing a round on HCG. 8.2 pounds in 10 full days. I will transition into Atkins for life once all is said and done. I grew up on a low carb diet and that is just what my body is used too. We weren't allowed to eat sweets when I was young (hence my addiction).

The saying; "I'm allergic to carbs. They make me break out in fat" is true for me LOL

after hcg, you WILL be able to go back to the right carbs again, i guarantee 

------------

also don't take anybody's response/advice as a must. the human body is amazing, and we're learning so much more in science (ex: calories). what "universal advice" works for some, may not be the case for you. 

Edited by SoutherNtellect - Jul 21 2013 at 10:12am
Soratachi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soratachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 10:53am
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

Its best to cut down on fruit too and add more veggies - your body cant tell the difference between the different types of sugars...

I need this advice so much, I should try to increase the amount of non starchy vegetable in my diet and also cut carbs. Cry

Thank you for the heads up.
laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 4:35pm
Why do the arms stay big when people lose weight, I see that all the time in before and afters?

and on biggest losser

Edited by laceyfront - Jul 21 2013 at 4:35pm
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 4:44pm
i LOVE erika. def. go to her website, it is such a wealth of information. she really delves into the "why" of some ppl holding on to weight and i really relate to her experiences. some of her recipes are really good.
shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Originally posted by shantel75 shantel75 wrote:

My problem is sugar. When I eliminate sugar completely from my diet, I drop weight like crazy!! 
I lost 76 pounds in 18 months on Atkins. Maintained for years until I got married and had a baby. Now I'm chunky again Cry But...I'm fighting!!

Ive recently jump started my weight loss by doing a round on HCG. 8.2 pounds in 10 full days. I will transition into Atkins for life once all is said and done. I grew up on a low carb diet and that is just what my body is used too. We weren't allowed to eat sweets when I was young (hence my addiction).

The saying; "I'm allergic to carbs. They make me break out in fat" is true for me LOL

after hcg, you WILL be able to go back to the right carbs again, i guarantee 

------------

also don't take anybody's response/advice as a must. the human body is amazing, and we're learning so much more in science (ex: calories). what "universal advice" works for some, may not be the case for you. 

After this round, I plan to continue on P3 for life as it is basically the low carb diet and my body is use to that lifestyle.  I will eat no more than 20 carbs until I reach my goal weight. Then 60g will be my maintenance carb level. If I consume more than that - I will gain weight!

I love the low carb lifestyle. It is really the only way of eating that has helped me lose weight, keep it off, and reverse my health issue (high blood pressure and high cholesterol).

I didn't suffer from health issues until I started mixing fat with carbs. Both are a DEADLY combination!

My focus will be protein, good fats, low glycemic fruits, and TONS of green leafy veggies + nuts, and full fat yogurt (yum!).

Best wishes to everyone. WE CAN DO THIS!!!

sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 5:02pm
[QUOTE=Katrenia]
Don't compare yourself to YT weight loss. Many of them think thick curves are fat.

Before &amp;amp; After Weight Loss Photos | Real people. Real inspiration. | Page 26

[/QUOTE

You are so RIGHT, she looks PERFECT to me as the before.  I'd love to  be HER BEFORE SIZE 
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

i LOVE erika. def. go to her website, it is such a wealth of information. she really delves into the "why" of some ppl holding on to weight and i really relate to her experiences. some of her recipes are really good.

which???
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>