Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The EXTREME Weight Loss Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 4.38  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 11:06pm
I like this thread, I'll share.

The Struggle!! My first weight loss;
Within 8 months, I lost 80 lbs by walking 3 miles, 4 days per week. I ate one meal a day and had two slimfast shakes and two under 200 calorie snacks.Thumbs Up

Gained back 120lb within 2 years Angry

Had LapBand--Lost 150 within a year. I was hungry and threw up too much. I didn't like the fills (I hate needles). Band caused stomach issues so Doc removed all fluid and I was able to eat and I ate well!! Big smile

Gained back 70 lbs within a year.

Health issues caused me to eat a much better diet and exercise. With a controlled diet I lost 150+ and I'm keeping the pounds off. I still need to have this damn none functioning band removed, it serves no purpose.
My advise is; whatever method of weight loss you choose, choose one that you can live with and continue to use to maintain your weight. 

I couldn't do slimfast for life and once I replaced the shakes with food, I gained weight. LapBand doesn't change your poor eating habits, it just doesn't allow you to eat as much.

Make a wise choice but make a choice because being obese is a hard reality.

Sponsored Links

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 11:15pm
This is wonderful, ladies!  You're truly inspirations!!!  Ty so much for sharing! ClapStar
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 11:20pm
Its best to cut down on fruit too and add more veggies - your body cant tell the difference between the different types of sugars...
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 11:38pm
Don't compare yourself to YT weight loss. Many of them think thick curves are fat.

Before &amp; After Weight Loss Photos | Real people. Real inspiration. | Page 26

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 12:03am
Thank You CLC!
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

Health issues caused me to eat a much better diet and exercise. With a controlled diet I lost 150+ and I'm keeping the pounds off. I still need to have this damn none functioning band removed, it serves no purpose.
My advise is; whatever method of weight loss you choose, choose one that you can live with and continue to use to maintain your weight. 

Congratulations! I had to learn this same lesson, and I wholeheartedly agree with you.
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 12:23am
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

Its best to cut down on fruit too and add more veggies - your body cant tell the difference between the different types of sugars...

I've heard this!  I need to plan this shopping trip...
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 1:20am
I love before and after pictures, good job to the ladies and those that shared their weight loss testimony in this thread!

I wholeheartedly agree with finding a method of weight loss that makes it possible to easily transition back to a regular calorie intake or regular exercise routine. Basically something you can keep up with.
Lifestyle changes over crash dieting. Nothing good comes from crash dieting, sure...if you can find a way to recover from it without weight gain or health problems you've dodged a bullet.

One thing that is also hard to do especially when not feeling hungry in the morning or afternoon is not waiting till you actually feel hungry but to eat at steady times to 1. start your metabolism up 2. keep it in check and 3. to prevent weight gain from eating too much once you do feel hungry or your metabolism slowing down. But it pays off, plus you'll have more energy and more energy means you can be more active.

And drinking water with every meal, even a snack, makes it easier to get the daily water in take, which is good for the digestive system, energy, skin and of course can help in weight loss. Plus some warm beverages like coffee or black tea can dehydrate so it's good to drink a glass of water after that as well and before you know it the end of the day has arrived and you've got your daily water dosage down.

Peppers are good for the digestive system, unfortunately my sensitive taste buds lower my tolerance for peppers, but I do try to add a moderate amount of peppers to my meals.

Also keeping vitamin intake in check is important, vitamin deficiency can cause fatigue among other problems. And when you're low on energy exercising can become an impossible task. So adding supplements to your breakfast can be necessary if you're not getting the amount of vitamins you need from your meals or from the sun(vitamin D).

Finding an exercise that you like or in a comfortable environment are things that I think will make it easier to keep up with it. And not rushing in to things, I agree with the person that said building up slowly is important.

I guess the keyword is routine which is the easiest part once you're in it and the hardest part once you're starting out or get out of it and have to get back in to it again.
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 1:35am
Yeah, I def. think it's all about finding something you can actually stick to.  It's nice to find a routine that makes you knock that weight off real quick, but if it's not something you enjoy doing/eating, not only will it come back, but may even come back double (or triple).
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 1:52am
Yep that's the worst part of it and people close to you will look at you like you've been pigging out to the extreme, as if the shame of gaining weight back isn't enough. Ugh...

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 2:18am
That is f'n scary.  And I'm hearing/reading people say they like took off 50, and gained 100!  Like wtf?!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>