Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The EXTREME Weight Loss Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 4.38  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 2:44pm
Sponsored Links

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 2:46pm

Today’s weight loss before and after story:  Natalie lost 112 pounds by embracing regular exercise and changing her eating habits.  Here is what she shared with us:

Natalie weight loss
I went from 297 pounds to 185 pounds. I did it all on my own and would love to share my story. Started my journey on 9/20/2011.  What motivated my journey was trying on clothes and being almost out of a size 24 pants, about to be a size 26 pants.  I cried in the dressing room and all the way home. I then threw out all my bad food and began my new life that day. I only baked or grill my meats.  I only eat chicken or turkey meat.  Water or tea are my only drinks. I eat lot’s of fruits and vegetables. I learned how to turn my favorite meals into healthy meals. For instance, I love pizza and now I can make it healthy by using 100 calorie whole wheat pita and low fat cheese, chicken and all the vegetables I can fit on it.  That would be considered a treat for me.

I love the gym now, it’s my stress reliever. I started off not really being able to do anything in the gym before feeling like I was going to pass out. I set little goals for myself.  When I started I was running and one minute and 30 seconds in I was ready to stop. Each week I went up a minute and now I am able to run 4 miles on the street.  In the beginning, I worked out twice a day for an hour or two per session. I used every machine in the gym and sometimes I would freestyle routines or watch YouTube to pick up tips. I always set little goals and my first goal was to get into a size 22.  Once I did that, I kept going down in size until I reached my goal of a size 13/14. My goal weight is 175 pounds. I cried many nights and prayed for the strength from God to help me through this. I have empowered my little sister to lose 46lbs this year and have helped some friends as well. I love telling my story, because may help one person who feels like I did.  It may help them know that they too can do it.  It was a long road and is still a long road, but I will never gave up and never will.

Edited by CLCNY20 - Jul 20 2013 at 2:47pm
shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 8:15pm
My sista-girl, Try, and her journey on HCG!

Jenny

Edited by shantel75 - Jul 20 2013 at 8:17pm
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 8:15pm

Who: Erika Nicole Kendall

In the summer of 2009, Erika created the blog, A Black Girls Guide To Weight loss, as a space to chronicle her journey through health and fitness. Weighing in at 300+ lbs and with an 8 month old, she realized it was time to make some serious changes in hopes of becoming a better role model for her daughter. “I wanted it to be a place where I could hold myself accountable and solidify everything I was learning” she explained.  As an emotional eater, “I’d turn to food, simply because it shuts up, gives me what I need and makes me feel good. Was the high temporary? Of course…but that was all the reason to eat some more.” With over 100k subscribers, her award winning blog is now a safe space for women to share stories of failure, progress and most of all, unconditional support for each other. Erika is now a Certified Personal Trainer through the National Academy Of Sports Medicine.

Here is a look into her fitness, nutrition and beauty regimen:

Works out 7 days a week:
  1. Daily Yoga
  2. Cardio 3 times a week (for an hour)
  3. Heavy-lifting 3 times a week
  4. Self-created workout circuit that includes kettle bell and body weight resistance training combined with cardio/treadmill training.

Nutrition Favs:

1. Predominantly vegetables
  2. Protein through chickpeas, chicken thighs and greek yogurts with almonds
  3. Enjoys eating fruit during workouts for extra fuel (bananas, raspberries, etc)
  4. Drinks 20 oz bottle of water 5 times a day
  5. Fav post workout meal is steamed broccoli with organic soy sauce
  6. Has a blog challenge called #surviveon35 where she shows you how to eat healthy off of $35 a week.

Advice for Exercising While Natural:

“I usually braid my hair up to workout. Afterwards, I rinse the braids with water to get rid of the sweat and salt. Then I add coconut oil (to braids and scalp) to replenish moisture.”

Advice for Women Who Fear Losing Their Curves:

“There are many things that make a woman attractive, and the body isn’t always all of it. To limit a woman’s opportunity to be healthy and happy (because of curves) she would need to do some soul searching. “

Final Words:

“Don’t get bogged down with the details of how much you have to lose. Put your nose down and do the work. It’s difficult, any time you have to change your habits it’s going be hard, but the pay off in the end is incredible. Your hard work really pays off. Stick with it!”
shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 8:19pm
^^^^^OOOOOOOOOOMG!! The lady above gives me SO much hope!! Thanks for posting!!! :)
babycakebabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote babycakebabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 8:21pm
Good luck to all of you beautiful Black Queens. Read labels for every food that you eat so that you do not ingest any food that contains 'HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP' and your excess weight will quickly peel off. Thank me later and remember to give me a shot out in your weight loss blogs for giving you the miracle weight loss tipEmbarrassed
You can do it!Clap

Edited by babycakebabe - Jul 21 2013 at 7:09pm
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by shantel75 shantel75 wrote:

^^^^^OOOOOOOOOOMG!! The lady above gives me SO much hope!! Thanks for posting!!! :)

Wink
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by babycakebabe babycakebabe wrote:

Good luck to all of your beautiful Black Queens. Read labels for every food that you eat so that you do not ingest any food that contains 'HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP' and your excess weight will quickly peel off. Thank my later and remember to give me a shot out in your weight loss blogs for giving you the miracle weight loss tipEmbarrassed
You can do it!Clap

Wonderful tip! 

I am waking up early tomorrow to raid the fruit section of my supermarket LOL

ty!
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 9:31pm
http://whole9life.com/

here is a challenge that could help you transition to eating real whole foods and change your tastebuds...
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

The above girl actually gained some of hers back

Neway, I have 20 to go til I reach the 50 mark

And then I want 20 more

awww Ouch I can imagine it's hard to keep it off.

Once I take mine off though, even if I gain a few here and there I will jump off a cliff before I let it all come back

WTG on your success, and GL on the rest!! ClapClapClap

this is the hardest part of weight loss. anybody can lose weight. most people (statistics, not being an ass) cannot/will not keep it off

Originally posted by shantel75 shantel75 wrote:

My sista-girl, Try, and her journey on HCG!

Jenny

i will forever be thankful for hcg

i have some tips i want to add but no time right now. saving thread 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions