Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Extreme Cruelty of American Slavery *CAUTION*
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The Extreme Cruelty of American Slavery *CAUTION*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 11:58am

On July 25, 1946, a group of armed men pulled two black couples out of a farmer's car, tied them to trees and shot them in three volleys of bullets so many times their bodies were barely recognizable. President Harry Truman sent the FBI to the area to investigate, but the agents were met with a wall of silence.

The events leading to the Moore's Ford incident unfolded 11 days earlier when Roger Malcom (above) was placed in jail for stabbing a white farmer, Barnette Hester. Witnesses told the FBI that Malcom suspected Hester of having sex with his wife, Dorothy, who was seven months pregnant. Malcom was drinking at the time he stabbed Hester in the chest.

Dorothy Malcom and her brother, George Dorsey, asked a farmer Loy Harrison, for whom Roger Malcom sometimes worked, to bail him out of jail. At first, Harrison flatly refused to help.

Then Harrison, who was reportedly a member of the Klu Klux Klan and a known bootlegger, suddenly changed his mind. He picked up Dorothy Malcom, George Dorsey and his wife Mae Murray Dorsey and took them to the Walton County jail.

He paid $600 to bail out Roger Malcom. He later told authorities that he wanted them to work on his 1,000-acre farm. It was rumored at the time that George Dorsey, a World War II veteran, was secretly having an affair with a white woman.

Harrison then drove the two black couples toward his farm across the Moore's Ford Bridge, a direction investigators noted was not the most direct route to his farm. At the bridge, Harrison's car was blocked by another vehicle and a group of men -- described in various accounts as "at least a dozen" and "from 20 to 25" or "up to 30" armed men.

"A big man who was dressed in a double-breasted brown suit was giving the orders. He pointed to Roger and said, 'We want that ni**er.' Then he pointed to George Dorsey, my ni**er, and said, 'We want you, too, Charlie.' I said, 'His name ain't Charlie, he's George.' Someone said 'Keep your damned big mouth shut. This ain't your party.'"

The men dragged the Malcoms and the Dorseys from the car then beat and shot the two men. Realizing that the two women could identify some of them, they then shot and killed the two women, according to previous investigations.

One of the lynching mob pulled out a knife and cut the unborn child from Dorothy Malcom's body.

Harrison told investigators that he did not recognize anyone in the group of men who stopped his car. For years, no one in Walton County would talk with authorities about the case. When a 1946 grand jury failed to identify any suspects, the FBI pulled out of the active investigation.

In 1991, more details of the crime came to light when Clinton Adams, a white man who was a 10-year-old boy hiding in the bushes near Moore's Ford during the lynching, told investigators he was a secret witness to the events that unfolded on June 25, 1946. His account is examined in Laura's Wexler's book, "Fire In A Canebreak."

No arrests have ever been made in this case. This case remains unsolved.

Sponsored Links

pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 12:19pm
This is the first I have ever heard of that evil bitch. Thanks blaque.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 1:11pm
im surprised at you alias. 

i thought you'd be the first person to try to jump down my keys for my comment. 

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 1:17pm
Confused

I don't like my anger at them coco. I would rather them not be the spawn of satan so I could live my life in total African happiness
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 7:01pm
This story like so many others broke my heart:

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 7:06pm
Imagine being so ignorant to who you are and who you came from and at the will of somebody who is holding you and others like you in bondage so much so that when you're forced to mate and breed with others, you don't even know some of them are related to you.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 7:13pm
In some of these narratives you read glimmers of hope in the lives of those who experienced such hardship and torture...the following is an example of pride in a former slave in the success of his kids.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 7:21pm

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 7:28pm
I thought the story of Delicia Wiley Ann Patterson sad but funny and admirable because of her spunk:

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 7:35pm
The lengths people went through for freedom:

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic