Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Extreme Cruelty of American Slavery *CAUTION*
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The Extreme Cruelty of American Slavery *CAUTION*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 12:48am
^That's how I relapse Tokyo

Even so called "liberal" whites are the ones that lack the basic understanding of how our horrific past connects to the present and usually throw out those eye-twitching white proverbs

Edited by Alias_Avi - Feb 12 2013 at 12:49am
Sponsored Links

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 12:49am
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

I actually watched once on HBO a program that was black people reading from a book with the narrative from former slaves, as if they were them.
Even Oprah read a couple. It was awful to hear those stories.

I am taking this African American Studies class and I'm learning so much, I think they should teach in High school for all the 4 years, all about the abuse blacks endured so whites, asians and people of any other race but black can understand how wrong it was and perhaps they will be kinder and better people.

They should start teaching this in ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.  We need to stop sugarcoating history and teaching facts because it has screwed up many a generation to hear lies the first time around than it did help them to understand why things are the way they are.

The kids in my school in 5th grade learn about the Japanese Occupation of Korea--and that is NOT a pretty story.  They see film clips of executions that have taken place. 

By the time children get to high school, it is already too late because they have been brainwashed with sugarcoated LIES about how our country was made.  Because kids essentially get, "blacks were slaves, then they were free and Martin Luther King fought for civil rights," many people--black, white, and everyone else, miss the reasons why the civil rights movement was so important and they don't understand why not every slave could do a Nat Turner.  This is also the reason why people like one poster's child's teacher felt it was okay to give the students in her class "The Help" as part of Black History Month reading material.

iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 4:20am
I read it all . ..
More please?
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 6:42am
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

I honestly feel like an ICJ case should have been brought against the US for human rights violations during slavery. It's disgusting.
Honestly I agree.

I think we should review cases of lynchings, and open up cases where blacks have been killed unjustly.

But if we can't get justice for young black men and women being killed just because they are black today, imagine how hard it is to revisit those transgressions?
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:11am
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

I honestly feel like an ICJ case should have been brought against the US for human rights violations during slavery. It's disgusting.
Honestly I agree.

I think we should review cases of lynchings, and open up cases where blacks have been killed unjustly.

But if we can't get justice for young black men and women being killed just because they are black today, imagine how hard it is to revisit those transgressions?

True, plus the US does not consent to the jurisdiction of international criminal courts. They pranced up and down, pointing fingers at Rwanda when our history isn't much better. How many of the heads of State in Rwanda had public (global) trials for their human rights violations? But America is above human rights law. It is sickening that no one ever had to answer for this.
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 10:01am
So of course today in Con Law (which I am not in, since I've already taken it) Plessy v. Ferguson was the assigned case, and my friends were talking about it on facebook. So one White guy says, "It happens/happened everywhere. Oh well." I snapped so quickly on him. I know I come off as so angry to these people. Ouch It makes me sick that anyone could justify these heinous acts. What is so hard about admitting that these kinds of things shouldn't happen anywhere to anyone? 

Like if I lynched a pregnant dog, cut the puppy out, and stomped it to death, PETA and the human society would want my head. I'd be up on criminal charges, but these things happened to people, and these idiots say, "Oh well, it happened everywhere." Lord give me strength.

Edited by Limalady - Feb 12 2013 at 10:03am
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 10:22am
By the way, the examples that I posted came mostly from 2 narratives. I have over 15 so I am barely scratching the surface. Also, please go to Amazon.com and download any one or all of the slave narratives free of cost. They are buy the Works Projects Administration.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 11:07am
Between this thread and the other one. I have been on edge. I wanted to tell every white person fck you and you and you.

I went overboard last night talking to my kids about slavery, my disdain for yts came out full force.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Between this thread and the other one. I have been on edge. I wanted to tell every white person fck you and you and you.

I went overboard last night talking to my kids about slavery, my disdain for yts came out full force.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 11:47am

BRUTAL "FEMALE" SLAVE MASTER:

Known as "Madame LaLaurie,” (first photo) a prominent socialite in New Orleans, twice widowed, was born Marie Delphine McCarty, in 1775 to Louis Barthelemy McCarty and Vevue McCarty, prominent members of the New Orleans community. 

Augustine McCarty, Delphine McCarty's brother, was elected mayor of New Orleans in 1812, certainly helping to further Delphine's position of social prominence in the New Orleans community. Both Barthelemy and Vevue died during a slave revolt in Haiti between these times. This event may have influenced Delphine's attitude towards her slaves.

In 1831, she and her physician husband, Dr. Louis LaLaurie bought a beautiful mansion at 1140 Royal St.  It majestically set on the corner of Governor Nicholls St. and Royal St.  Delphine reveled in maintaining position in the center of the social circles in New Orleans.  She enjoyed throwing lavish soirees, entertaining the most prominent people in the city.  In addition to being so renown for her parties, she was best noted for her well-behaved slaves.

In 1834, a crime occurred that shocked the city beyond belief.  A crime that eventually became known...as the blemish of the city.  A woman by the name of Delphine LaLaurie became a common name in New Orleans’ dark history. 

In the spring of 1833, Delphine had planned what was to be the finest soiree to impress the upper echelon of the city.  She had catered the finest cuisine known to the city.  Her slaves had made sure that all of the china and silver were cleaned and polished to perfection. She had the most beautiful gown that she had purchased in Paris.  Everything had been planned for what she expected to be her most elaborate celebration to date.

As party guests arrived, Delphine remained in her boudoir preparing herself for her entrance. It was customary for her to make her appearance well after the guests had arrived.  It seemed being fashionably late gave her the opportunity to make the biggest impression and receive the most attention. Madame LaLaurie had long black hair that her slaves would strategically style on top of her head. It was a tedious process.

Delphine LaLaurie’s hair was being combed by Leah, a 12-year-old slave girl.  As Leah combed the Madame’s long tresses, she accidentally hit a snag, pulling Madame LaLaurie’s hair. In a fit of rage, the angry Madame reached into a drawer and pulled out a bullwhip. She began to chase Leah around the room in an attempt to beat her. Leah ran out into the hall and through a door that led to a small balcony that hovered over the carriage way. 

Madame LaLaurie continued to chase the girl, screaming at her in French.  In an attempt to flee the angry Madame, Leah climbed onto the balcony railing. She lost her footing and plunged to the courtyard below. Her limp body hit the ground just as Madame LaLaurie’s cousin was stepping out of his carriage. 

Unable to conceal the crime, charges of abuse were brought upon Delphine LaLaurie.  This was one of several charges that had been placed upon her for abusing slaves.  The court charged Madame LaLaurie a fine of only $300.00, a mere slap on the wrist for a woman of her wealth.  Her slaves however, were taken away from her and sold at public auction. Delphine LaLaurie convinced a relative to purchase the slaves and return them to her.

Soon the incident was set aside and life returned to normal in the LaLaurie household. On April 10, 1834,  Delphine LaLaurie had yet another incident, taking place during a party.  A fire broke out in the kitchen of the home.  The large gray mansion was typical of Spanish architecture at the time. The kitchen was separate from the home, over the carriage way building across the courtyard. 

The fire brigade entered the building through the courtyard. Much to their surprise there were two slaves chained to the stove in the kitchen.  It was apparent that these slaves started the fire in the hopes of bringing attention to the activities inside the house.

The slaves directed the fire brigade to small attic crawl space located directly off of the balcony.  The door was bolted and locked from the outside, yet screams and cries could be heard within. The fire brigade used a battering ram to knock down the door. As the door flung open, seasoned firemen who had no doubt been exposed to death before, literally fell to their down, vomiting at the stench of death that permeated from the room.

Once composed, they entered the room. There inside were at least a dozen slaves that had been the obvious victims of very crude medical experimentations.  They were chained to the walls, maimed and disfigured.

Their faces had been disfigured, making them look more like gargoyles than humans.  One man looked as if he had been the victim of some crude sex change operation.  One poor soul, a woman, had managed to break free from her shackles.  Instead of being relieved that someone had come to rescue her, she ran in fear of further torture. She made it past the rescuers, in through the house, then jumped through a window. She fell to her death on the balcony below. 

The window remains sealed to this day.  Another victim had her arms amputated and her skin peeled off in a circular pattern, making her look like a human caterpillar.  Yet another, had been locked in a cage that the newspaper described as barely large enough to accommodate a medium size dog.  Breaking the cage open, the rescuers found that LaLaurie’s had broken all of her joints resetting them at odd angles so she resembled a human crab.  Body parts were in jars on shelves in the room.

As the survivor’s were being removed from the residence a mob of the party guests assembled outside, outraged at what had obviously been going on within this house.  They had no idea what kind of monsters the LaLaurie’s were.  Before the angry crowd could  ransack the house and find the LaLaurie’s, the family slipped out through the carriage way and disappeared at the river’s edge.

Many believed that the LaLaurie’s perhaps went back to Paris.  But later evidence points to them possibly settling on the northshore of New Orleans near Mandeville.

Immediately following the episode, the building became known as the “Haunted House.”  Neighbors swore they could hear screams and cries coming from within.  Superstitious New Orleans townsfolk refused to walk on the same side of the street.  Many avoided the block completely.   The house was vacant for forty years.

Several different accounts of Delphine LaLaurie’s death are given. One report says she was killed by a wild boar in a hunting accident in France. Another story in The Daily Picayune in March 1892 insists she died among friends and family in Paris. Other accounts say that Delphine Lalaurie never left Louisiana and dwelled on the Northshore of Lake Ponchartrain for the remainder of her days.

Forty years later, the area was home to Italian immigrants. There are stories from the families who lived in the house at that time of seeing a large male covered in chains and blood walking the balcony.  The children reported seeing a woman screaming in French chasing them with a whip.

One woman, a mother of twin babies, awoke in the middle of the night to find that a sock had been shoved into the mouth of one of the babiesLOLDead. Animals were found decapitated in the courtyard.  Another resident of the house, reported seeing a man wandering around the courtyard holding his head in his hands. Before long these people vacated the home. Again, the house was vacant for several years.

It later was used a furniture store.  Shortly after the store had opened for business, the owner entered the shop one morning to find that the entire inventory had been covered in urine, feces and blood.  Believing he had been vandalized, he had the mess cleaned up and ordered a new inventory.  When he experienced the same thing a second time, he decided to wait in the building with a shotgun. In the morning, the inventory had been destroyed again, but no vandals had entered the building. He soon moved the business. 

One individual tried to open what was to be “The Haunted Saloon” but locals refused to patron the place.  Again, it sat vacant. Eventually the house was renovated into apartments as it is today.  Much of the house was in serious disrepair. When floor boards were replaced in the 3rd floor slave quarters, the bodies of seventy five people were found who had been buried alive!  The screams and cries heard in the early weeks after the fire were real. 

Thinking these cries to be ghosts, no one even attempted to save these poor souls. The remains were removed from the property. To this day, this house is considered to be the most haunted in the city.  It is said that on dark, stormy nights, one can still hear the scream of a young girl echoing down into the courtyard.

In April of 2007, Actor Nicolas Cage quietly paid $3,450,000 for the mansion. Cage purchased the mansion through his Hancock Park Real Estate Company LLC, according to public records.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic