Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Extreme Cruelty of American Slavery *CAUTION*
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The Extreme Cruelty of American Slavery *CAUTION*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 5:38pm
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

My Grandfather was hang by white folks and our family had many slaves . My mother ws force to work in a White women house and her sisters pick cotton . I make every effort to teach my daughter about slavery.

I think laws should reflect mandatory education regarding our past with all of the Black on Black crimes . I read all of your topics Patti yesterday , but I had to step away a few times to avoid getting upset . I have a few really bad memories as a child form the 60's .  
I have to take a step back sometimes too. It's very hard for me and then have to go to work and look in the faces of men who are the descendants of slave owners.

And especially when the more I read, the more I realize not much has changed in terms of attitudes by blacks and whites.

But that's why I share the info. White people don't even want to talk about it...unless of course you're Tarantino and you want to make it a comic. That's the only way I guess they can stomach what their people have done.

i'm a history major and in some of my previous courses i've had to read graphic detailings of slavery with my white professors and classmates.  it can be very hard to listen to their responses and sharing their family stories in relation to slavery.  it has literally made my stomach turn and my body temperature rise listening to their comments even when it's not drenched in oblivion and ignorance bc then it reeks of white guilt and i can't decide which one bothers me more.  sometimes they will give a knowing, sympathetic glance toward a black student.  it makes me cringe.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 5:43pm
Not to highjack...but for yall Latin folks (Tainos, Arawaks, Caribs etc) of the Caribbean, South and Central America...

1492 Conquest:

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 5:44pm
5* Thread
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 5:47pm
thanks patti
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 5:55pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 5:59pm
I don't know why I actually like this story but I guess it showed that some blacks weren't going to take things lying down.

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

I don't know why I actually like this story but I guess it showed that some blacks weren't going to take things lying down.

damn
texasmami0117 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote texasmami0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 6:02pm
Imagine the strength needed to do that!?!? I wish we could find that strength today. Just throw everything back in their face (racism, prejudice, food stamps, section 8 etc.) and survive on our own.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 6:10pm
The next few excerpts are narratives from White sympathists, some who were abolitionists from the North that shared what they saw when they visited plantations and farms in the south without the filter of being black. Some were clearly horrified.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>