Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Elect Cambodian Virgin Hair(video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 2:42pm
There is a woman in a weave group who had a very unhappy experience with this company so definitely isn't anomaly.
Sponsored Links

Luvmyson2008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Luvmyson2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 6:58pm
TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE FOLLOWING THIS THREAD:

I received the hair back in the mail this past Monday.  I said to myself, "I might as well try and make it work since I can't return it." 

So I opened the bundles fully and shampooed and conditioned, I let the conditioner sit for a hour- then after rinsing it out I let scrunched and plopped the hair and let it rest for about a day.

Upon checking on it, I noticed that SOME of the bundles were curly and some were still more of a wave. The 12 and 16 were the most curly and the 20 and 24 had more of a wave.  

So lets re-address the issues in my previous post- once I receive my last bundle I'll do a video review so you ladies can see for yourself but I will post pictures of what I have tomorrow and the various stages that the hair goes through.

1st issue- dryness:
The hair is softer after a co-wash but the ends are still dry.

2nd issue- the curl:
The longer lengths are still more of wave than a curl.

3rd issue- the rudeness:
Looking back at it, she wasn't necessarily being rude but she did keep telling me to follow her care instructions.  NOTE: I've had "virgin" hair before yet with this raw hair that I have I wasn't aware that when it's drying you aren't supposed to touch it or that will mess up the curl pattern?  So this is new to me.  Her care instructions do say to let the hair completely air dry- so that was my screw up I guess.  I just never heard of hair you couldn't touch while it was air-drying or you'd compromised the curl pattern. But as I've stated earlier- after letting the hair dry completely the curls in the first two bundles were apparent.  

4th issue- hair not same as video:
Actually I'm going to try to include the video I was sent of the hair and then once I post my pictures of the hair brushed out-washed/conditioned and wet-air drying- and completely dry-- I'll let you ladies be the judge if it looks the same or not- because to me, it didn't.

-----

My issues with the hair now:

The hair is freaking gorgeous but it tangles and it sheds.  The ends are dry though, like when I wash it it just poofs up instead of the water saturating it, it kind of acts like nappy black hair lol.  (I'm not sure if that's because it sat in a box for 5 months or what that's one of the reasons I ordered another bundle.  I had to literally beg damn near for her to do business with me again- but I was wrong in my assumption that she sent me aliexpress hair so I had to apologize and I wanted to give the company another try because I am so tired of buying processed chinese masquerading as "virgin".)  Back to the tangling and shedding- the ends of the two curly ones tangle the worst- when I do my video I will show you all how my brush gets stuck at the end.  And whenever I brush I get loose strands.  Again I'm not sure if it's because the hair sat in a box for 5 months growing mold- idk, so when I receive my last bundle I will show you all.

I haven't officially ordered the other hair as of yet because I haven't heard back from her confirming my order and I think she went up on her prices but only for me Cry I hope that's not the case though.  I did want to wholesale since the hair in Milwaukee is crap- but I don't know if that's a possibility anymore.   

Anyhow, I've been emailing mods and the admin to remove my comments from this thread so I can post a fresh review but no one is answering so- oh well.

But now to try and post the video- my pictures will be up tomorrow hopefully, if not you can check my instagram for some of the pictures I have on there- @mrsvanessahicks.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvmyson2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 7:13pm
I actually just added a few more pics to instagram- and one of the ends- like since I stated- I've never had "raw" hair before so should the ends look like that?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Luvmyson2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 11:27am
I'm going to attempt to add these pics:

The products I am using:

The longest bundle brushed out:

Close up of the weft:

Texture shot before wash:

The patch of hair that seems to always catch the water and not absorb well on the two shorter bundles

Amount of shedding from first bundle only

On the longer bundles the water didn't gather in one spot

The bundles airdrying and total amount of shedding from all four bundles

Hopefully this works because BHM has been tripping lately when I try and post.  Anyhow tomorrow when the hair is completely dry I'll post more pics and then you can compare to the video if you want.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvmyson2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 11:35am
Sorry if the pictures are sideways, that's how my computer post them-idk.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 12:09pm
Luv was this the same hair in the video? This hair looks nothing like that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvmyson2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 12:41pm
That's the exact same thing I said.  So I'm letting it air dry and I'm not going to touch it and then we'll see the outcome.  I guess hen you touch raw hair when it's air drying it interferes with the curl pattern- that's why I sent it back in the first place because it didn't appear to be the same. After my first co-wash and I let it air dry the hair looked similar to the video- so this time I'm not going to touch it until it's completely dry and show the results.
kandyse1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandyse1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Luvmyson2008 Luvmyson2008 wrote:

That's the exact same thing I said.  So I'm letting it air dry and I'm not going to touch it and then we'll see the outcome.  I guess hen you touch raw hair when it's air drying it interferes with the curl pattern- that's why I sent it back in the first place because it didn't appear to be the same. After my first co-wash and I let it air dry the hair looked similar to the video- so this time I'm not going to touch it until it's completely dry and show the results.

The only I heard close to that was letting curly hair dry without touching or running it through because it makes the hair more frizzy and disturbs the curl,, every time you separate it just gets bigger... but that wasn't for raw hair.. so im not sure how that goes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Luvmyson2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 9:04am

Not dry yet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvmyson2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 5:46pm
It still looks more wavy than rare curly but the hair is undeniably gorgeous. The shortest length is the most coarse. Let me know if you have any questions.

Edited by Luvmyson2008 - Feb 18 2014 at 5:55pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic