Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Dominican Republic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 5:51pm
^^Never mind. I guess I don't feel like getting into it today. OP comes from a good place though

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 18 2014 at 5:52pm
Sponsored Links

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Jolie Jolie wrote:

It would be fine if it was all just healthy cultural curiosity but we all know there are other factors at play here.

i dontConfused...what is it?

Edited by Wildfire - Jun 18 2014 at 5:57pm
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

^^Never mind. I guess I don't feel like getting into it today. OP comes from a good place though

Nah Jolie you can't just leave me hanging like that.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

*Sigh* It's just something I noticed. Sexual tourism and colorism.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 6:07pm

Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

wow wow wow. All the Dominicans I know are super dark. Why would the hate be so high? Whats up with all the hate for the Haitians? I'm curious myself. 

It would be fine if it was all just healthy cultural curiosity but we all know there are other factors at play here.
@Jolie what other reason would a person want to dig deep into these issues?

Probably for same reasons Americans hate Mexicans...

no real reason at all. 

^^^add Trini Indians and Guyanese Indians to that...

sad sad world...

Edited by Wildfire - Jun 18 2014 at 6:07pm
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 6:07pm

wow wow wow. All the Dominicans I know are super dark. Why would the hate be so high? Whats up with all the hate for the Haitians? I'm curious myself. 

no real reason at all. 
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

no real reason at all. 

^^^add Trini Indians and Guyanese Indians to that...

sad sad world...

am i living under a rock. Americans hate Trini Indians and Guyanese Indians??? Ok please enlighten me. 

@jolie are they using Dominicans and Haitians for sex tourism?
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 6:49pm

am i living under a rock. Americans hate Trini Indians and Guyanese Indians??? Ok please enlighten me. 

Nope. Trini indians and Guyanese indians treat blacks/dark-skinned countrymen like they are beneath them as well. Colourism, and racism (to a larger extent than we would like to think) is rife in the Windies.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 7:29pm

Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

I ALWAYS SAY HAITIANS ARE THE MEXICANS OF THE west indies.

When I was 16 a classmate told me how he and is cousins would throw rocks at poor haitians or haitians sellinf ice cream. And haitian men are simply called boy.

I hurd stories of ppl getting kidnapped and forced to work the sugar cane feilds.

Yup. Socio-economics and race dictate that. The all mighty dollar is strong.
I'll be honest (and it's not a dig at OP at all, please don't take it that way). AAs fascination for the DR, Brazil and Puerto Rico is really starting to annoy me. It would be fine if it was all just healthy cultural curiosity but we all know there are other factors at play here.

please explain. im from a region that is filled with people from pr, dr, brazil, cuba (high caribbean & other spanish speaking country diversity in northern nj in general) so im not fascinated with any nationality as its very diverse & common here BUT, my exposure to how people in other regions react to them may relate to what you are saying...
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 7:33pm

*Sigh* It's just something I noticed. Sexual tourism and colorism.

It is also exoticism in general. pr/dr/brazilians are very rare to see in certain regions so some people get fascinated quickly. just like here, you see the chinese, but you rarely see japanese (the really stylish ones that are the norm in Cali), so people go kinda nuts over them when they see them. fetishizing the 'exotics'.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style