Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The Dominican Republic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Dominican Republic
    Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 3:05pm
I've looked and looked, but maybe I'm not asking google my question correctly, for it is an ignorant question. I don't mean to offend, and I apologize in advance.

Soooo, is the Dominican Republic the light skinned mixed side of the island, and Haiti is the black side? I read that the dr overthrew Haiti and now they have a caste system with black being on the bottom (surprise).

My main question is how is that acceptable? Do they talk about it? Is it obvious over there? R black visitors treated badly?

Whites owned them too, why aren't they mad at whites like they r at blacks?

I can assume any of these answers, but I'd rather get actual answers. I searched bhm for recent Dominican topics and plastic surgery came up
Sponsored Links

creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 3:08pm
I also read that like 90% of the dr is considered mixed/black, but Dominicans don't claim black. Their history is a tad different from ours so this blows my mind.

Edited by creole booty - Jun 18 2014 at 3:08pm
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 3:10pm
I remember Zupreme commenting in threads like this in the past. Maybe if you search for her name with your 'words' something will come up

I miss her posts BTW.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

I remember Zupreme commenting in threads like this in the past. Maybe if you search for her name with your 'words' something will come up

I miss her posts BTW.

She is dropping knowledge on twitter now.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 3:16pm
oh tell her purplehaze said hi and hope her business is going well.
iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 3:18pm
The Dominicans love their masters too much while the Spanish will spit in them and their children.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 3:20pm
OP: All this time, I thought that you were born and raised in Haiti...
In a nutshell, a lot of the anti-dark sentiment came from a dictator. Similar to other countries that have systematically made their dark skinned residents relatively powerless and invisible including Mexico.

I think that you may get the info that you need if you google Z's old bhm threads "forum.blackhairmedia.com + zupreme + dominican + black" or if you check out some blogs like 'aint i latina or if you begin to follow z's tumblr or twitter.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 3:23pm
also, to get more bhm results on your google, add 'site:'
site:forum.blackhairmedia.com
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 3:28pm
She has a blog (Zupreme)
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 3:34pm
What is her blog?

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic