Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The Dominican Republic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 3:39pm
I ALWAYS SAY HAITIANS ARE THE MEXICANS OF THE west indies.

When I was 16 a classmate told me how he and is cousins would throw rocks at poor haitians or haitians sellinf ice cream. And haitian men are simply called boy.

I hurd stories of ppl getting kidnapped and forced to work the sugar cane feilds.
Sponsored Links

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

What is her blog?

pls dont click quote, im going to delete it later:
http://bad-dominicana.tumblr.com/

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 4:22pm

When I was 16 a classmate told me how he and is cousins would throw rocks at poor haitians or haitians sellinf ice cream. And haitian men are simply called boy.

I hurd stories of ppl getting kidnapped and forced to work the sugar cane feilds.

Yup. Socio-economics and race dictate that. The all mighty dollar is strong.
I'll be honest (and it's not a dig at OP at all, please don't take it that way). AAs fascination for the DR, Brazil and Puerto Rico is really starting to annoy me. It would be fine if it was all just healthy cultural curiosity but we all know there are other factors at play here.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 18 2014 at 4:23pm
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 4:41pm
Got it nj thanks
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

OP: All this time, I thought that you were born and raised in Haiti...
In a nutshell, a lot of the anti-dark sentiment came from a dictator. Similar to other countries that have systematically made their dark skinned residents relatively powerless and invisible including Mexico.

I think that you may get the info that you need if you google Z's old bhm threads "forum.blackhairmedia.com + zupreme + dominican + black" or if you check out some blogs like 'aint i latina or if you begin to follow z's tumblr or twitter.

Thank you. I'm American creole through my grandmother from Louisiana, and I just found out recently that my grandfather was Haitian. Chicago born and raised!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Yup. Socio-economics and race dictate that. The all mighty dollar is strong.
I'll be honest (and it's not a dig at OP at all, please don't take it that way). AAs fascination for the DR, Brazil and Puerto Rico is really starting to annoy me. It would be fine if it was all just healthy cultural curiosity but we all know there are other factors at play here.

No offense taken. I'm writing a paper about the DR.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 4:58pm

I read that! I legit don't understand.
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 5:06pm
When i visited i was treated great. I think if you're an attractive woman, you'll have no issues.LOL

however i also noticed the treatment of the Haitians...if you dark skinned, then you "may" experience some hate...
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 5:18pm
The DR hates blacks so much that they are in the process of denationalising blacks who are legally citizens, or citizens by birth. That is, blacks whose ancestors/parents were originally from Haiti. 

These people have never been to Haiti, and have nowhere to go back to.  SMH. The DR is their home.

I saw a piece where one student doctor says they (the relevant agency) refuses to give him his birth certificate, so he is unable to finish his course. The guy was in tears.

fvckers.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 5:32pm
wow wow wow. All the Dominicans I know are super dark. Why would the hate be so high? Whats up with all the hate for the Haitians? I'm curious myself. 

It would be fine if it was all just healthy cultural curiosity but we all know there are other factors at play here.
@Jolie what other reason would a person want to dig deep into these issues?

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic