Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > My Spirituality > Inspirational Scriptures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The Danger of a Hardening Heart

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Danger of a Hardening Heart
    Posted: Feb 04 2010 at 10:39am
The Danger of a Hardening Heart
By Charles Stanley

READ | Hebrews 3:7-19

God repeatedly calls to His children, but the condition of each heart determines the result. Those with soft and tender hearts hear His voice and yield to Him in obedience, but those with hard hearts resist His warnings and instructions. Surprisingly, upon hearing the same voice, some believers are motivated to a deeper and more obedient relationship with the Lord, while others reject and refuse Him.

Since hardening is a slow process that’s often accompanied by rationalizations and excuses, the danger signs may not be readily recognized. How do you respond when the Lord speaks to you through His Word, your conscience, or messages based on Scripture? Carefully consider the following characteristics of a hardening heart:

• 1. Insensitivity or resistance to what God says
  • 2. Refusal to put yourself under His authority
  • 3. Disobedience to what you know the Lord is instructing you to do
  • 4. Justification of sinful conduct
  • 5. Resistance to the reproof of others
  • 6. Preoccupation with the things of this world (career, relationships, possessions)
  • 7. Little interest in spiritual matters
  • 8. Absence of private devotion (Bible reading and prayer)
  • 9. Avoidance of public worship (gathering with other believers)

A hard heart does not have to stay in that condition. If you have discovered any of the above traits in your life, begin today to return to the Lord. Ask Him to give you a new heart to know Him (Jer. 24:7). Remember, He specializes in making all things new (2Cor. 5:17).

Edited by nella - Feb 04 2010 at 10:40am
Sponsored Links

mariabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 3:08am

thanks nella for taking the time to write these, I think I especially needed this one right now and i definitely need this

Zuriel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zuriel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 7:20am
Thumbs%20Up Thanks!
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 8:18am
Originally posted by mariabella mariabella wrote:

thanks nella for taking the time to write these, I think I especially needed this one right now and i definitely need this

You are welcome Mariabella but I can't take the credit for writing them, I only copy and paste them from other sites Smile. Glad it's a help to youHeart
lolabelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lolabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2010 at 10:12am
Amen!
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 7:43pm
nice.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 2:05am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic