Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The Current State of Things...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MinnyMiss16 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MinnyMiss16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Current State of Things...
    Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 2:00pm
I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not, but I feel as if there is a lot going on around the world right now that is just bothering me. From all these disturbing worldstar videos, to shootings, to child endangerment cases, to conflict with different countries, poverty, the economy, EVERYTHING!

-How are you dealing with it? Are you desensitized, have you lost faith in humankind, or does it feel as if things have always been this way? I'm having a hard time dealing with it all.
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 2:20pm
I know how you feel. We have access to more Of this information so it can be very overwhelming. I feel very worried about young people right now...the world they're growing up in is so different than even us 80s babies. There's always been strife and violence but as far as the pressures? Way above and beyond. They have to get off social media and make an identity for themselves instead of having their entire identity formed by their online personas...it's from the cradle to the Internet now. Everyone is tryin to be noticed. It's not good.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Jan 28 2013 at 2:21pm
Zuhura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zuhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

I know how you feel. We have access to more Of this information so it can be very overwhelming. I feel very worried about young people right now...the world they're growing up in is so different than even us 80s babies. There's always been strife and violence but as far as the pressures? Way above and beyond. They have to get off social media and make an identity for themselves instead of having their entire identity formed by their online personas...it's from the cradle to the Internet now. Everyone is tryin to be noticed. It's not good.

I completely agree with you.
Guidette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Guidette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 2:24pm
Pray pray and pray
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 2:29pm
Hug
I certainly understand your sentiments. It is a great source of anxiety for many people, so you're definitely not alone.

One thing that an old woman told me when I was young is that she could always believe in people as long as she could believe in herself. Meaning, that as long as you do the right thing, and you don't become so jaded that you surrender your ability to affect positive change, all is not lost.
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 2:42pm
Even though the world is a better place now than it ever has been, we still have far to go. I reserve my faith for a higher power than mankind. I still have hope for us though. Hug

Oh, and stop watching WSHH videos.
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 2:48pm
I def know how you feel. I feel like I am becoming like a fearful ole woman. I don't watch the news as much as I used to. 

I can actually understand depression more than any other illnesses because it really can seem like a lot to take on with the world. 
MinnyMiss16 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnyMiss16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 3:42pm
Yeah, its really when I began studying abroad that I began to notice how corrupt the western world is. I no longer find happiness in many of the things that my peers do and the issues plauging our nation seem to effect me more. I've become very emotional and prayer seems to only work minimally. I guess I can start by staying off social networking sites and wshh lol.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by MinnyMiss16 MinnyMiss16 wrote:

Yeah, its really when I began studying abroad that I began to notice how corrupt the western world is. I no longer find happiness in many of the things that my peers do and the issues plauging our nation seem to effect me more. I've become very emotional and prayer seems to only work minimally. I guess I can start by staying off social networking sites and wshh lol.

Yes stay off of wshh
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 4:00pm
Well, we are just fine. No big crimes or anything like that. We did have some big news today but it is more of a celebration so Beer
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic