BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The Conspiracy to Whitewash Hip-Hop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 12:13pm
black man innovates, the white man profits. its that way with music, fashion, hair care, food (bacon is the rage - hell we have put bacon grease, smoked bacon and smoked ham in everything since the beginning of time), art (there was an article in the nyt yesterday talking about how picasso wouldnt have been ish if it wasnt for his shift after he studied african art tho he said there is only african handicraft, no such thing as african art. Look at how graffiti is no longer the art of people of color - it is now ruled by the white man Banksy).
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 12:21pm

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

The Conspiracy to Whitewash Hip-Hop Black Music

fixed.

I'm posting my JT rant here

Culture Vultures and the disruption of the Black tradition

Rarely anything White people do surprises me anymore but I have to admit that I really didn't see their brazen attempts to completely Whitewash and take over the legacy of Michael Jackson and modern Black genres of music and dance. I really didn't think they could be that bold... and yet here. we. are.

Even when Michael was alive, White people were eager to associate their wannabes with Michael's legacy. Practically jamming Justin Timberlake down the man's throat

Watch Michael's face when Access Hollywood reporter asks him what his thoughts on JT were and then proceeds to tell him that JT is "the closest thing to Michael Jackson today"  LOL

1:25

But Michael knows what he was trying to do. Just like they tried to do to him when he was younger (ignore and discredit him b/c he was Black) but notice that Michael added "as well as Usher".

This is why I can never get down with Justin TimberFake. He never had a relationship with Michael the way Michael had with Usher. Plenty of evidence to support this. SO how could he then allow and support this notion that he is the torch bearer to Michael's throne as if he was his protege?

I can't tell you how PO I am about this guy actually appearing in MJ's video. Am I overreacting? Possibly but I think Black people NEED to overact to our culture being crowned on anything but us.

I take great pride and I have great respect for my people's music and dancing talents. It hasn't been just entertainment for us, it has literally been a way for us keep our sanity in the face of such inhumanity.

The very reason why we have such distinctive musical and dancing cultures from our White counterparts is because they severely rejected and marginalized us to the outskirts of mainstream society. And now they have the audacity to use that very culture that was produced WITHOUT them to make themselves rich and glorified.

People act like Michael Jackson is an alien that dropped out of the sky and just happened to land in the Black American community. Michael wouldn't be thee Michael Jackson if he was from any other group. You can see Black history in his movement

Michael himself is a torch bearer to great Black musical talents himself

From Jackie Wilson down to James Brown

0:44

If he had any sense of pride, Justin Timberlake would be ashamed of himself for jumping on the opportunity to associate himself with deceased artist who had little to do with him while he was alive. I'm embarrassed for him

And people are calling him the "Prince of Pop". With the history of this country, I guess I shouldn't be surprised

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 12:22pm
At the essence of it all, Black people don't seem to embrace each other as readily as they are ready to support and embrace YT people. This happen to me at this hair salon yesterday~ its unbelievable
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

I agree with the article. Yes, that is the way of the music industry.
Remove the offensive black face and replace it with a white face to make
it more digestible for those that are offended by the black face. Rap
had a lot of potential for black people, then it was restructured to
where you had to coon, cuss and disrespect to make a buck. I remember
when Dr. Dre came out with 'Been there, Done that', he announced that he
wanted to make music that was for all ages and all audiences and the
music industry did not support his non-gangsta rap album and he was like
eff it, i have to feed my family and went full force producing negative
music that he knew that would sell b/c it was an easy formula to
follow.

If you see the move Twenty Feet From Stardom, you will see how the white artists study and replicate the black style to make hits. We all know that Iggy is copying Da Brat's flow 100%.

When it is all said and done, Eminem will be known as the
greatest rapper of all time b/c of his bleached blond buzz cut and his
white skin only. He already has been given that crown in certain circles
though we all know that he isnt even in the top 5 in the average black
persons ranking of rappers. SMH.

So fancy is the first iggy song I heard and I kept trying to figure out if brat was rapping and iggy was singing

I thought it was the Brat ....
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 12:34pm
we are loosing everything! Do you realize most people don't even dance anymore
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Yes when they brought out JT it turned my stomach I am like he don't even have any creativity! HE was dancing from a coach 1.2.3, 123
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 1:00pm
LOL

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 1:12pm

shyttt, i danced for 4 hours straight at central park on sunday and will be dancing on saturday and sunday at house music festivals this weekendLOL

we are dancing out this way in the streets, in the parks in house parties, on rooftops, errywhereLOL
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 1:13pm
not even going to mention all those line dances that the black folks are now doing, we will always dance as long as we have the african drum beat we will dance lol
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

not even going to mention all those line dances that the black folks are now doing, we will always dance as long as we have the african drum beat we will dance lol

And we shall thrust the hips and roll the backside same way. We have a dance called bruckinsEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed it was done to celebrate Emancipation Day, it's a wonder to see it performes since the dancers are old folks up in their 60's and 70's just going hard!

I sometimes marvel at the way things developed (pre-tv, before the ease of air/boat travel) in the diaspora- dance, food, traditions, songs, hair, folk lore and how stark the similarities are save for of course regional differences. ClapClap

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic