Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The Butler

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 8:43am
Havent seen it yet..
Im late to the party though... I just saw Django and The Help
Sponsored Links

MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 8:59am
I loved the movie!!! The Help totally annoyed me. I clapped, cried and laughed at the Butler. I thought Cuba did great, he was most of the comedy. The story was just heart warming. I did not know David Banner was in the movie. It was short but I thought him and Oprah had beef. Then Mariah Carey as the tragic mulatto......... I don't think she even had one line but, okay. I loved the movie but I am prejudiced. I have never seen a movie with Oprah in it that I did not love completely. I think all the movies she is in are based on novels so that is probably why. 

What I need to know from people who saw it, there was a line where Cuba said something funny that I missed. My old college theatre professor watched it at the same time and she said she missed it too. Anybody know what part I am talking about?
EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 9:01am
i'll probably see it when it goes to the $3 theater..

Edited by EasterBell - Aug 19 2013 at 9:01am
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 9:55am
Originally posted by MzCaliky MzCaliky wrote:

I loved the movie!!! The Help totally annoyed me. I clapped, cried and laughed at the Butler. I thought Cuba did great, he was most of the comedy. The story was just heart warming. I did not know David Banner was in the movie. It was short but I thought him and Oprah had beef. Then Mariah Carey as the tragic mulatto......... I don't think she even had one line but, okay. I loved the movie but I am prejudiced. I have never seen a movie with Oprah in it that I did not love completely. I think all the movies she is in are based on novels so that is probably why. 

What I need to know from people who saw it, there was a line where Cuba said something funny that I missed. My old college theatre professor watched it at the same time and she said she missed it too. Anybody know what part I am talking about?

I was not really interested in this movie but this part is a little interesting to me.  The Butler's dad is David Banner and Mariah Carey is his mom.   Their storyline is interesting / rings true.  No BS about it.

Mariah Carey in &amp;#39;The Butler&amp;#39;Carey in 'The Butler' (Photo: The Weinstein Company)

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Aug 19 2013 at 9:58am
Prtybrwneye_z View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prtybrwneye_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 11:11am
I must admit initially I didn't want to see the movie and felt it was going to be similar to The Help, but I was wrong in that assumption and glad I went to see it. I thought it was well done. Many interesting themes throughout the movie.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 2:58pm

Regal Cinemas Majestic Stadium's Screening Of 'The Butler' Causes Controversy With Reported Police Presence (UPDATED)

The Butler earns top box office spot with $25M debut

Police were present at a screening of "The Butler."

The Regal Cinemas Majestic Stadium movie theater in Silver Spring, Md. is in hot water after reports that the theater ordered an abnormally heavy level of police presence at a weekend screening of "Lee Daniels' The Butler."

A woman named Tiffany Flowers took to Twitter on Sunday to express her "utter disgust" at the treatment of movie-goers and to speak out against the police activity that seemed to be confined to the showing of "The Butler." She explained that the movie theater required patrons' tickets to be checked twice before they were allowed to enter the theater, where they were then met by a police officer who was directing their moves.

Flowers went on to add that armed guards faced the crowd as the movie played, before insinuating that the security choice was made because the movie drew a largely black crowd. "The almost entirely black audience of 'The Butler' was subjected to watching the film while armed guards faced the audience," Flowers wrote on Twitter. "Why?"

"Lee Daniels' The Butler," which tells the story of former White House butler Eugene Allen, performed well at the box office this weekend. The star-studded film brought in $25 million at 2,933 theaters.

While representatives at the Regal Cinemas Majestic Stadium did not deny the incident in a phone call with HuffPost Entertainment, they would not give an official comment on the police presence. Calls to Regal Entertainment Group were not immediately returned.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Aug 19 2013 at 2:59pm
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 2:59pm

UPDATE: Russ Nunley, a representative from Regal, issued the following statement to HuffPost Entertainment:

Regal Entertainment Group routinely employs security personnel to ensure the safety all of our guests and staff. When a theatre experiences sold out showings of any feature, security will assist with crowd control and guest assistance throughout the facility, including auditoriums.

This weekend our Majestic theatre experienced a tremendous guest response to the feature "Lee Daniels' The Butler" such that additional showtimes were added to meet our guests' demands.

At no time did local management receive any guest complaints or concerns about our security or staff, who worked diligently to meet all of our guests' needs.

To the extent any guests were disappointed with their experience, we welcome the opportunity to address their concerns and provide them the best entertainment experience possible in their future visits to our theatres.

whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 3:18pm
They have extra security for this but them other ones is shooting up movie theaters and malls and schools n s#!%.  Ok.Ermm
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 5:31pm
this is not a made up movie this is a movie about a real person there's a difference tho.. 
rubynaturalprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubynaturalprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Regal Cinemas Majestic Stadium's Screening Of 'The Butler' Causes Controversy With Reported Police Presence (UPDATED)

The Butler earns top box office spot with $25M debut

Police were present at a screening of "The Butler."

The Regal Cinemas Majestic Stadium movie theater in Silver Spring, Md. is in hot water after reports that the theater ordered an abnormally heavy level of police presence at a weekend screening of "Lee Daniels' The Butler."

A woman named Tiffany Flowers took to Twitter on Sunday to express her "utter disgust" at the treatment of movie-goers and to speak out against the police activity that seemed to be confined to the showing of "The Butler." She explained that the movie theater required patrons' tickets to be checked twice before they were allowed to enter the theater, where they were then met by a police officer who was directing their moves.

Flowers went on to add that armed guards faced the crowd as the movie played, before insinuating that the security choice was made because the movie drew a largely black crowd. "The almost entirely black audience of 'The Butler' was subjected to watching the film while armed guards faced the audience," Flowers wrote on Twitter. "Why?"

"Lee Daniels' The Butler," which tells the story of former White House butler Eugene Allen, performed well at the box office this weekend. The star-studded film brought in $25 million at 2,933 theaters.

While representatives at the Regal Cinemas Majestic Stadium did not deny the incident in a phone call with HuffPost Entertainment, they would not give an official comment on the police presence. Calls to Regal Entertainment Group were not immediately returned.

ShockedAngryAngry WTF?????? Im done.......
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic