BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Best Birth Control is for Men!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Allure. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allure. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 4:14am
I don't think men will feel less masculine by not being able to reproduce if they're on birth control.

There was research study conducted a while back, asking men about the reasons they opt to use condoms, or why they do not use them. The most popular reason for using them was to prevent pregnancy. Few men stated they wore condoms to prevent to transmission of STD's. A majority of men who do and do not wear condoms commented about how they don't like the feel of condoms or not wanting to pull out.

So that leads me to believe that men would be all for it if they had a form of birth control that allowed them to have sex without condoms and still prevents pregnancy, as long as it does not negatively impact their sexual performance and overall experience.

But with all of this unprotected non-potent sex occurring, I'm sure STD's will be running rampant! New strains developing that are resistant to antibiotics and any other form of medical treatment. Men seem to be more concerned about not getting girls pregnant than preventing the transmission of STDs. There's enough problems with the men who run around raw dogging everyone with no regard for anyone's health as it is.

Edited by Allure. - May 14 2013 at 4:37am
Sponsored Links

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 5:07am
I don't know. The thing about masculinity and femininity is that they contain many facets that are just outright ridiculous, backwards even. So a man feeling less because he is temporarily impotent by choice since society told him potency is linked to masculinity would not surprise me at all.

You're totally right though, this is great for preventing pregnancy but a bad side effect could be some men forgoing condoms altogether because they fear conception more than infection. STDs could be far more rampant than they already are. But emphasizing the continued use of condoms during sex could help to alleviate this. This method is no panacea to sexual health.

Also I see Afro is not coming back to continue this discussion.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 5:25am
Is that society telling him he is less masculine  though? Seems more biological to me.
Society doesnt "tell" us everything  alot of our emotions are natural.

Im sure Id be fine if I wont be able to bear my own children but yes I will feel some type of way about my barren cold womb.

Edited by jonesable - May 14 2013 at 5:26am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 11:09am
The glitch prevents me from posting from the amistad.

And its a pain to post from my phone, when I get on my desktop ill respond EL.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 1:28pm
Cool.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Women's hormonal bc causes sexual side effects as well.
not sure why the sexual side effects men experience make male bc a non starter.

thanks
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Is that society telling him he is less masculine  though? Seems more biological to me.

Im sure Id be fine if I wont be able to bear my own children but yes I will feel some type of way about my barren cold womb.

You know, perhaps some things are more nature rather than nurture but when the idea of masculinity encourages the suppression of something as basic as human emotion, can we really call that nature? Just an example.

Society has a much larger effect on people than they'd like to believe and when you think about it, it's quite scary because it can lead people to do things they may not do if they did not have a large overseeing influence. It's not that people are dumb, it's that they are conditioned. The thing about conditioning is that you do not have to realize it.

I'm going to delve a little more into conditioning (hope you don't mind)  by bringing up a famous experiment by Pavlov. Pavlov's dog, it's famously known as.

Dog hears bell, no reaction.

Dog hears bell, food is then presented to him.

Dog hears bell, but food is NOT presented to him.

Dog's mouth waters anyway.

See the change? The dog learned to associate the bell with food and reacted accordingly. That basic process of conditioning happens in many ways in society AND often companies take advantage of that to continue that conditioning for the sake of profit. This conditioning is further perpetuated by the conditioned because they deem it as normal.

Back to the main point, a person feeling terrible about impotency is natural. But when they feel like less because of what is expected to be of a man or a woman, I believe that is more nurture than nature.
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 1:47pm

thank you*

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

You know, perhaps some things are more nature rather than nurture but when the idea of masculinity encourages the suppression of something as basic as human emotion, can we really call that nature? Just an example.

Society has a much larger effect on people than they'd like to believe and when you think about it, it's quite scary because it can lead people to do things they may not do if they did not have a large overseeing influence. It's not that people are dumb, it's that they are conditioned. The thing about conditioning is that you do not have to realize it.

I'm going to delve a little more into conditioning (hope you don't mind)  by bringing up a famous experiment by Pavlov. Pavlov's dog, it's famously known as.

Dog hears bell, no reaction.

Dog hears bell, but food is NOT presented to him.

Dog's mouth waters anyway.

See the change? The dog learned to associate the bell with food and reacted accordingly. That basic process of conditioning happens in many ways in society AND often companies take advantage of that to continue that conditioning for the sake of profit. This conditioning is further perpetuated by the conditioned because they deem it as normal.

Back to the main point, a person feeling terrible about impotency is natural. But when they feel like less because of what is expected to be of a man or a woman, I believe that is more nurture than nature.

No I don't agree with the Pavlov's dogs analogy in this case.
It doesn't apply IMO.

Reproduction and our feelings regarding the subject is mostly nature IMO and not a faux conditioned response.
It is biological

Edited by jonesable - May 14 2013 at 2:52pm
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 3:02pm
I think it's natural too...I don't think it's social conditioning...that's why ppl are always surprised when others say they don't want kids...theres a general intrigue(which can be manifested in a negative way) when others are perceived as lacking the biological impulse or are able to wholly ignore it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic