Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The American Flag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

Originally posted by Maple Syrup Maple Syrup wrote:

Damn the Jamaicans came out with full force LOL

I am late LOL

Diane Clap

Wildfire Clap

Yardgirl Clap

Claudie, what's good? I like how BF was called fresh and stink at the same time LOL LOL LOL
Sponsored Links

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

All that for a flag lol? That's the problem with Negroes, so prideful and emotionally attached to things that profiteth not. Do you even know the meaning of Jamaica? Or what was the land called before white folks named it? But go head, keep waving your flag while the majority of the population continue to live in shambles, lack wealth and are completely clueless of who they are. Rasclart -_________-

I'm a little curious as to why you would ask these questions. Of course we know, we know that from we yeye dem deh a we knee.

Look here so BF. You see that flag that flag made us independent, exactly 51 years ago. So when my mother speak of the jubilation in the air, the feeling the love the national pride I get jealous.  when I see the Union Jack come down and the Black green and gold flying I get teary eyed. I love my country I love all my people from the ratchest/most brawling/ghettoest/ hignorant [sic] to the most cultured wealthiest snobbiest pinky all up in the airest. We know about the West Indian Federation, The issues they faced trying to gain independent status, the Drafting of the Constitution and the effect it has on us today.

Fun fact 1 the Jamaican Flag is one of the few flags without red blue or white in it.

Black for the hardships we faced as a people/ Now changed to be the strength and creativity of the ppl
Gold- for the sunshine/ natural wealth and beauty of the sunshine
Green= for the land/ hope and agricultural resources

Fun fact 2" Before the start of every movie the anthem is played and we ALL stand

The native Jamaicans were the Ciboneys/ Caribs/ Tainos/Arawaks They named the island Xaymaca meaning land of wood and water. We have a National Dance Troupe called Xaymaca, A clothing line, restaurants even Buses so how the name business drop een? Fun fact 3 : the coat of arms have a male and female Taino on it. 

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh because we lack wealth we ain't $hit huh? Capitalism, money = everything. Just last year Jamaican were voted the happiest people/country in the world. Cause our people live in board houses we should spit on the flag? Country way of life/ island living has a lot of things right (vs first world livity) including but not ltd to healthier eating habits, sustainable agricultural practices, use and allocation of natural resources and prepping for natural disasters lol

How you mean profiteth us not? That flag "smaddytized" us let us know that we were "somebody" too.

In the 1970s The then PM passed a law declaring that "no bastard nuh deh again" Children born out of wedlock had the same right to property. estate as those born of a marriage. That flag educated the children of the poor to rise from the lowest rung in society to the top. Allows me to see black faced in Parliament, black faces teaching me in the universities, black judges, black lawyers, black doctors, black teachers,  black faces in the big shot jobs, black faces on my tv and TBH many of the things I used to take for granted in my country I appreciate more b/c of the shared experiences of the US Negroes on BHM land.

TBH WF never go hard at all. That was rather tame. Cause you know yardies can trace.

Where do you expect us Negroes to go or cling to or get a sense of self from? By your posts It cannot be the USA. Can't be the Caribbean,  Cant be Africa. Should it be Petroria then?

BF, YG WF and myself all live in Jamaica, you know that Right?
[/QUOTE]

((hugz))
mustve mistook this for the US. We know exactly who we are. Cant say the same for alot of other peoples.

i may have quite a few things im displeased about with our country/society, but one thing i sure as hell dont have to worry about is no damn red neck slapping me with a beer can and yelling n**ggr. There was no need for her to start anything, but she did.
some fckers always coming for us for no good reason,.

kmrct
anyway J, big up yuself Wink

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 11:47am
The BHM Jamaicans showed up!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/4440eff1e04743289795c3f3843c8be5/tumblr_mhoc0kKtVx1qfoz5to2_r1_500.gif
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 11:47am
Population percentages....

Edited by jonesable - Sep 10 2013 at 11:49am
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 12:08pm
I'm actually surprise WF was on time........
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

Because she too rude, fresh, stink and bright. 
dead dead dead dead dead!!! My mother was good for calling me all this sh*t! LOLLOLLOL
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

Just on the nature of their design...
my favorite flags are probably 

1. Switzerland 
2. Japan (evil pre WW2 Japan also)
3. USA
the rising sun flag is a fly ass flag. 

the swiss kinda phoned it in.   

too busy making corkscrews for knives i guess. 

they are great knives though.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 12:20pm
OT : I love Canada national anthem. Sometimes I just play it just bc

Edited by jonesable - Sep 10 2013 at 12:26pm
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 12:40pm
I'm not emotionally attached.  I come from a military family and my husband was a sailor.  I have respect for the flag.  It represents a family.  An incredibly dysfunctional blended family that I am a part of, that my grandfather, father, uncle, brothers and husband have fought and served.  Sometimes I get emotional with the Star Spangled Banner.  I've sang it for football games.  We are what we are.  That flag is the one thing that unites us all.  We here.  Just my opinion.

Edited by ThatGurlD - Sep 10 2013 at 12:40pm
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

I am late LOL

Diane Clap

Wildfire Clap

Yardgirl Clap

Claudie, what's good? I like how BF was called fresh and stink at the same time LOL LOL LOL

Diane, unu did ah light an throw scribs LOL.  I know how my yardie people can trace.  I was sipping on Virgin Yellow Bird and LMAO.

Yardgirl surprised me, Lord she is Scotch Bonnet Pepper LOL.  Proper and all with her pretty self, and them words were like a right punch from Muhammad Ali. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>