Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Age Old Question NY Hairstylist Recommendation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Age Old Question NY Hairstylist Recommendation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

I am always so surprised when I see that you ladies can't find a good stylist in NYC
It shocks me too. Why is that? NYC is huge and has plenty of black people?
Sponsored Links

Colby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I am always so surprised when I see that you ladies can't find a good stylist in NYC

LOL..I'm speechless
warilife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warilife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 10:04pm
@colby... I wanted to first thank you for this post as I truly understand the torture that I go thru finding a stylist here in NYC.... I find it really hard because I had a great stylist at one point, but after she passed my installs and hair health has gone down hill. I have honestly tried almost every stylist within my price range I. NYC. They are either very rude, donor respect your time or don't even say hello and you pay $200 to get your install good example: ( All about my hair in Harlem). I tried Jacqi doll house ( in home salon $200 installs look bulky) very professional. Just to name a few.
I will give ebony a try, because I spoke to her and she is very nice and eager to learn. The only thing that scares me is that the installs on her IG are not too impressive hopefully her work is better in person. What are your thoughts. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post
Colby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 9:10am
Originally posted by warilife warilife wrote:

@colby... I wanted to first thank you for this post as I truly understand the torture that I go thru finding a stylist here in NYC.... I find it really hard because I had a great stylist at one point, but after she passed my installs and hair health has gone down hill. I have honestly tried almost every stylist within my price range I. NYC. They are either very rude, donor respect your time or don't even say hello and you pay $200 to get your install good example: ( All about my hair in Harlem). I tried Jacqi doll house ( in home salon $200 installs look bulky) very professional. Just to name a few.
I will give ebony a try, because I spoke to her and she is very nice and eager to learn. The only thing that scares me is that the installs on her IG are not too impressive hopefully her work is better in person. What are your thoughts. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post

I know what you mean. My bestfriend saw 2 of her clients in person & told me about her. I wasn't too impressed from what I saw on her IG but my friend wouldn't stop talking about their installs. then I remembered alot of girls out here don't want their picture taken even if their faces are covered and after I spoke to Ebony she was very knowledgable and I felt comfortable.
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Colby Colby wrote:

I know what you mean. My bestfriend saw 2 of her clients in person & told me about her. I wasn't too impressed from what I saw on her IG but my friend wouldn't stop talking about their installs. then I remembered alot of girls out here don't want their picture taken even if their faces are covered and after I spoke to Ebony she was very knowledgable and I felt comfortable.
When I spoke to Ebony....the fact that she put my hair first ...that's what made it a plus for me. many stylist don't know how to care someone's hair under the weave
warilife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warilife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

Originally posted by Colby Colby wrote:

When I spoke to Ebony....the fact that she put my hair first ...that's what made it a plus for me. many stylist don't know how to care someone's hair under the weave

This is the one big reason I am going to her, I feel like she listens and am at the point that I want to grow my hair again so. My aim is to find a stylist that will take care of my own hair and is very knowledgable.
Colby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 9:24pm
Ebony said to thank all you ladies for putting your trust in her. She understands that we want to see more from her and she appreciates the feedback. She says it will take some time but she promises she will deliver.
Colby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by hairfairy25 hairfairy25 wrote:

Has any one ever tried Malibu's Manes hair studio .. they are located in brooklyn,  the owner Malibu is my stylist 
@malibusmanes . 
i enjoy her because she is very knowledagble about hair care , in my opinion she has growing hands.. from i started goin to her a year ago my hair  has grown alot. 
-she is prompt with responses and also uses a app that she encourages everyone to download so you can book an appoinment on your own if you cant reach her.
check her out on ig
@malibusmanes 

you already posted in the IG thread, why are you hijacking my thread to post about "her" again? 
janae2925 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janae2925 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 3:40pm
Cocoa Mane in Brooklyn does fantastic hair
Misjaguar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misjaguar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

YES, I USED TO be pulled left and right off the Harlem train for braids, But I understand why and what the OP is saying.

You see finding a stylist does not men they will be good. OP is saying that she wants to find someone who will do her right time after time and not just a one night stand, or a gamble either. You see paying for something and not getting what you paid for sucks she is just being careful.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic