Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The 2014 MTV Video Music Awards!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 70>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The 2014 MTV Video Music Awards!!
    Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 6:25pm

Tonight, 9 pm.  Pre-show @ 8

Sunday, Aug 24

The 2014 MTV Video Music Awards will broadcast live from the 'Fabulous' Forum in Southern California on Sunday, August 24. The biggest entertainers in the world have already called the legendary Forum arena home, and now it will host the biggest, loudest celebration of music ever. We couldn't be more stoked to land the legendary Moonman back in sunny California for what's sure to be a night for the history books.

Which superstars are performing at this year's awards, you might ask? Well we hope you're sitting down, because we've got an unbelievable lineup that's sure to knock everyone off their feet.

At the 2014 VMA's live Pre-Show, hosted by 'Pretty Little Liars' star and rising country music singer Lucy Hale, VMA nominees Charli XCX and Fifth Harmony will get the party started by serving up spectacular performances on the red carpet. Talk about setting the mood, right? Inside The Forum, vocal powerhouse Jessie J will open the main event with her badass collab, "Bang, Bang," alongside Nicki Minaj and Ariana Grande, who will both perform their own sick singles "Anaconda" and "Break Free". Next up is soulful Brit newbie and "Stay With Me" singer-songwriter Sam Smith, who's making his U.S. award show performance debut at the VMAs. We can already tell that this Artist To Watch nominee is going to slay.

International icon (and all-around flawless human being) Beyoncé is this year's Video Vanguard Award recipient! Leading the pack with a whopping eight VMA nominations for her landmark self-titled visual album that confirmed once and for all that she's the only person capable of waking up like that, it's no surprise that Beyoncé is totally taking over.

Anyone who's a fan of Ms. Taylor Swift can breathe a sigh of relief, because she's all set to deliver an explosive performance on the big stage! Tune in to see if she tops her iconic NYC taxi cab performance from 2009 or her sassy smash "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" from 2012. Breakout star Iggy Azalea is teaming up with fellowMTV Artist To Watch alum Rita Ora for a wicked performance of their chart dominator "Black Widow," and Maroon 5plans to pop their VMA cherry when they perform live at the show for the first time EVER.

If that isn't exciting enough for you, make sure to catch global superstar Usher when he makes a triumphant return to the VMA stage where he's delivered some of the most memorable performances in VMA history. Rounding out this boatload of A-List talent are MTV Artist to Watch and VMA newbies 5 Seconds of Summer, who will have the audience swooning long before they even mention "American Apparel underwear."

With superstars like Queen BeyEminem and Iggy Azalea leading the nominations this year, the competition for Moonman domination is exceptionally fierce. The 2014 VMAs are coming, y'all. We hope you're ready.

Sponsored Links

Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 6:28pm
I just hope one of them addresses the recent events of police brutality while accepting or presenting an award
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 6:33pm
I love bang, bang. I don't like anaconda or break free. Never even heard the song piggy/Rita Ora are performing.
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 6:36pm
MTV is doing that ^^^

MTV is taking the conversation into its own hands by airing public service announcements addressing the unrest in Ferguson, Mo., during and before Sunday night’s Video Music Awards, a rep for the network confirmed.

The clips are a part of Look Different, a campaign MTV started with such organizations as the NAACP, the Anti-Defamation League, the Southern Poverty Law Center and the National Council of La Raza. One 15-second clip, set to air during a commercial break in the annual awards show, features a quote from author James Baldwin: “Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”

It’s set against the backdrop of a simple black-and-white image of a Ferguson town sign.

Another clip, also 15 seconds-long, shows seven young people with talk of racial stereotypes in the background, with a tagline of “Look. Listen. Change.” It’s scheduled to air during the pre-show.

Ferguson has been in headlines since Aug. 9, when 18-year-old Michael Brown was shot and killed by a law enforcement official. Since then, police and citizens of the Missouri town have been at a standoff, with residents protesting.

The VMAs have often been at the center of pop culture conversations, including subjects such as race. At last year’s show, Miley Cyrus’ controversial performance spurred cries of cultural appropriation.

MTV’s Video Music Awards airs live on Sunday from the Forum in Inglewood, Calif.

Video under link

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/ferguson-vmas-ads-mtv-1201289368/
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 6:40pm
I predict that white entertainers will clean house againErmm
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 6:44pm
Man the years are flying. Seems like these awards just happened a few months ago.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 6:46pm
I wish Black artists and ppl would boycott this fundamentally racist ass pro-white network

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 6:47pm
Are my eyes seeing correctly?

Is iggy nominated for video of the year..?

I hope bey wins that. Or sia.. I'm boycotting if it's Miley or iggy
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 6:48pm
Why she look so good?

DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Are my eyes seeing correctly?

Is iggy nominated for video of the year..?

I hope bey wins that. Or sia.. I'm boycotting if it's Miley or iggy

calling KANYE WEST...KANYE WEST...LOLLOLLOL   where iz u?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 70>
  Share Topic