Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The 10 Things Michelle Obama Did Right

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
browneyez4548 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browneyez4548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 10:52pm
Oh tl;dr...so forgive me if I'm off topic  Embarrassed
Sponsored Links

Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

4. She “dated” him. They went to the museum, they had ice cream. He didn’t ball out and drop $200 on a first date dinner or pull up in a shiny black Beamer or jet her off to Atlantic City to blow thousands during a hot weekend at the Borgota. He took her for ice cream. She said yes. Too many sisters, would’ve screamed that he was BROKE. Then go home and call their friends. “Giirrrl, do you know that fool had the nerve to ask me out for ice cream? He shouldn’t be dating if he can’t afford it.”

Thumbs Up

So many of these articles imply that Black women don't look for potential, but I think most women do. The smartest guys in the class in high school and college always has suitors. The stars of the sports teams in high school and college always have suitors. Women don't wait until men are CEOs, attorneys, or doctors anymore. They start early. Honestly, all most Black men have to do is take some classes, and women are usually willing to work with them. I don't think Black men with potential are constantly being overlooked by gold-digging woman, like the article implies.
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by browneyez4548 browneyez4548 wrote:

LOL soooo many articles writing on how to be a "Michelle" as if there's a parking lot full of "Obamas" waiting to be picked up...stahp it LOL

I don't even think most women want President Obama, or even Harvard Law Obama, many women would settle for junior college, weed smoking, basketball playing Obama.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 10:57pm

LOL soooo many articles writing on how to be a "Michelle" as if there's a parking lot full of "Obamas" waiting to be picked up...stahp it LOL

lol. All the obamas are in Brazil with PK/shad.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 10:58pm
I don't want Barack, I'd take Michelle. sh*t, write an article on how I can get a Michelle and I'd 5 star that ish.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

4. She “dated” him. They went to the museum, they had ice cream. He didn’t ball out and drop $200 on a first date dinner or pull up in a shiny black Beamer or jet her off to Atlantic City to blow thousands during a hot weekend at the Borgota. He took her for ice cream. She said yes. Too many sisters, would’ve screamed that he was BROKE. Then go home and call their friends. “Giirrrl, do you know that fool had the nerve to ask me out for ice cream? He shouldn’t be dating if he can’t afford it.”

Thumbs Up

So many of these articles imply that Black women don't look for potential, but I think most women do. The smartest guys in the class in high school and college always has suitors. The stars of the sports teams in high school and college always have suitors. Women don't wait until men are CEOs, attorneys, or doctors anymore. They start early. Honestly, all most Black men have to do is take some classes, and women are usually willing to work with them. I don't think Black men with potential are constantly being overlooked by gold-digging woman, like the article implies.

I dont disagree with that.... but how often have we had threads were women said they would "feel a certain way" if a guy they was feeling suggested dates like those mentioned. Hes cheap...hes paying for my company...if hes into me he'll spend it and all that other shh that comes a long with it. Alls Im saying is dont over look a dude because he aint dropping duckettes  and yall barely even know each other.......
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 11:13pm
Interesting article.....
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 11:15pm
I don't see the chics at mcdonalds on free ice cream day getting married in droves either. & I am sure the obamas have been on pricey dates.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

lol. All the obamas are in Brazil with PK/shad.

LOL

obama wasn't intimidated by/try to shame her for her independence. 
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 11:18pm
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/25/barack-obama-first-date-michelle_n_1625507.html

Quote In a new video posted on Sunday, the president and the first lady reminisce over their first meal together as part of the Obama campaign's Dinner with Barack contest.

In the video, first lady Michelle Obama describes how the two spent the entire day together, beginning at the Art Institute where they had lunch in the courtyard. "He was showing me all facets of his character," she says in the video. "He was hip, cutting-edge, cultural, sensitive."

As Michelle speaks, President Barack Obama playfully fills in the gaps and offers a few smug glances toward the camera, telling the "gentlemen" out there to "take tips." The first couple topped off their date with a screening of Spike Lee's "Do the Right Thing."

I've never had lunch in the courtyard of an Art Institute, but it doesn't sound cheap. I guess they could have a value menu though.....

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>