Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 11:49am
Originally posted by RedWine RedWine wrote:

I have noticed that although people don't ask me about my hair-except for the glitter thing. They ask about my race. Ouch They do that without the wig, but I get it more with the wig.

I usually get this. For the most part, I've gotten away from wearing less believable textures like Silky straight, etc etc. - although I still have a few for days when I just want to be different. So I rarely get the "is that your hair" comments anymore. I'm usually rocking some kind of KS/IY/LY or KC texture.

People always ask me if I'm Dominican - especially when I went through my red hair phase. My close friends & family know that I change my hair up all the time, so they never bother asking me about my hair and since most of my friends are guys, they don't care either.

Honestly, it all depends on the approach. I've had female friends ask me about my hair, but they're not being malicious but genuinely curious because they'd like to get a good wig too. I recently had a woman approach me about my marley twists because she didn't know how to put them in a high bun.

If you approach me nicely, I have no issues. But if you come at me while cutting your eyes at me and giving me the "stank face snarl", I have no time for that foolery.
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 1:38pm
IY: Italian Yaki

LY: Light Yaki

KS: Kinky Straight

KC: Kinky Curly

HTH ^_^
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 2:24pm
It could be because I don't wear wigs or weave often... but I'm not at all offended. I chose to wear a wig and wearing a wig I am... I get asked more often if it's mine when I'm wearing my real hair, but that doesn't offend me either. To me that's possibly a good thing? No one ever approaches me with malice, so maybe I'm lucky. But it doesn't bug me. If I choose to wear a wig or weave, I can't be mad that it's recognized as such and ppl are curious. Plus, I may be able to pass on/support someone elses handy work or business that it is if the right ppl inquire how they really feel. But I would never lie. I'm pretty open about my beauty stuff.

I did get offended when one lady asked if it was all my hair (it was) and she laughed and said "yeah." Like laughed in a "Oh that was a good one, girl" type of way like I lied to her lol. I sort of thought it was funny though that she didn't believe me, though.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 1:33am
I find it ironic that the ones who always come at you with malicious intent have hair that looks a HAM. At least that's been the case for me. People who's hair looks fine or outstanding aren't running around doing negative weave checks.

But the chicks with busted edges, chewed up looking ends, seaborne creation wigs or milky way gone bad weaves are the FIRST ones to try to put someone else down when they look a ratchet mess.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 9:39am
@model - truth.  about 90% of the shade I got was from women with messed up hair/weaves/wigs.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 11:24am
Coinkydink today. Someone asked me if my bun was real today. I told her it was, because it is lol. And she requested a hair consultation and bought $20 of my homemade products on the spot. You never know what good can come from curious passerbys.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 4:03pm
Damn I can't get a break. Okay... this one made me a little uneasy. A lady came in my store and immediately "woo nice hair piece!" (who says that..)  I said "oh it's not a hair piece ha." She said "so you're telling me that's your hair, oh wow." 

Strange. It really isn't that crazy of a bun. Dang. I'd have it bigger if it were up to me.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 10:18pm
You know ppl in our community stay living under the impression that all AA women have barely 2 hairs on their head and that hair better be fried into straight submission with chewed off ends that can barely be pulled into a hair band at the top of their head. By default, if you have hair that even goes past SL, ppl automatically start assuming "that can't be all yours".

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 10:40pm
this lady was white lmbo!! i was like... i thought all white ppl assumed it was real until told otherwise... 
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic