FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Thats Your Hair? Naw...Its a Wig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Devonna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thats Your Hair? Naw...Its a Wig
    Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 9:44am
Embarrassed What do you tell people that ask you if its your real hair? Embarrassed
Frankly, I am Tired of people asking.. I think its RUDE! I just want to be me- and (Wigs & Weaves.is me!). But since I have come out of the closet at work.. (constant buggers asking is that your hair.. an now all the sisters at work asking for hair tips.. I just came out of the closet so a lot of ppl now know. But then I was speaking to a good friend of mine an her husband heard us talking.. then later he then blerted out to a bunch of ppl we were talking to about my weaves.. OuchUGH!

What do you do? How do you handle these types of situations. Confused
Sponsored Links

Prairieflower1960 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prairieflower1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 10:05am
Back home nobody noticed any difference, but being here in the North, some have asked me if that's my real hair.  I usually look at them like they're some sort of idiot and ask them what kind of question is that and is that their real hair.  Then they look like the cat that swallowed the canary and apologize.  I suppose it's due to the fact that people of color are few and far between where I live.  LOL!
TOUSHA11 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote TOUSHA11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 10:12am
Personally I do not care who talk about my WIGS or asks if it my real hair or not It does not embrass me in any Way. I am who I am and if you have a problem with my Hair no matter what it is then you have a Problem with me. The Hair does not make who I am I MAKE the Hair. Some people will try to make feel BAD but I say Tell them kick rocks they just trying to make themselves feel better long as you look good forget them.
Prairieflower1960 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prairieflower1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by TOUSHA11 TOUSHA11 wrote:

Personally I do not care who talk about my WIGS or asks if it my real hair or not It does not embrass me in any Way. I am who I am and if you have a problem with my Hair no matter what it is then you have a Problem with me. The Hair does not make who I am I MAKE the Hair. Some people will try to make feel BAD but I say Tell them kick rocks they just trying to make themselves feel better long as you look good forget them.

Clap
LovilyLocs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovilyLocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 7:11pm
I think it's all in the way the person approaches you.  If someone seems truly interested because they are considering doing something similar to their hair I would share, but first I would ask why so I would know if I was going to answer or look at them crazy and walk away. 

I take it the friend whose husband bust you out didn't have any hair enhancements.  I would have told him that was impolite to discuss with others and left it alone.
nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:11pm
Said while whipping my wig hair around and hitting whomever, "Yup, all mine!!!!! You like???"

Edited by nicks_hotmama06 - Dec 27 2012 at 11:13pm
RedWine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedWine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:20pm
I don't have time or energy to discuss my hair, my nails, my bra or anything else that concerns my grooming. Yes its MY hair.

If I want someone to know my business. I will tell them. I have never seen it turn out good for any of my friends that discussed their hair, so I don't do it.

Actually only one person has ever asked me about my hair. A white girl asked me if I had a streak clipped in or pinned in. I did have one clipped in my wig and said so  because it was glitter and so obvious. Other than that , no one asks. Maybe its because they can tell that I don't play that.LOL
Kiwistardust View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwistardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:53pm
Sometimes I say yes and sometimes I say no. Depends on if I likes ya or not Stern Smile 

*Semi-interesting story alert*

Everyone at work knows my 22in wig is a wig because it's such a radical change, but they don't know the other two wigs I wore (12in KC + 16in KS) were not me. They don't know nuffin'. And I ain't tellin' 'em nuffin' either LOL
princesshoneybee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 12:28am
just be careful your wig dont ever fall off! and dont tell no one neither or they might snatch it straight off your head just like jerry springerLOL
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 8:16am
I wear Chinese IY.   So most thinks it's my hair. Now when I wear my chinese light yaki.  I'm asked did I perm my hair.  
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic