Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Thats why youre Black!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

Originally posted by SeeminglySweet SeeminglySweet wrote:

I called after him and said "Hey! It's okay,
black is not a bad thing! If ANYONE calls you black in a mean way, you
say I AM A BLACK MAN!" But he still ran off to cry.

i does not believe this part
That's because the entire story in the op is made up. You just have to answer and pretend to not have common sense.

Staahp

Let the OP shine if she want too.

Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Originally posted by SeeminglySweet SeeminglySweet wrote:

I was taken aback.

lol ive missed this gif.. 

somethin about this story is off to me doe. 

I think this poster has had off topics before 

I will leave it to the bhm archivists to confirm/deny

SeeminglySweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote SeeminglySweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 8:06pm
Well, it's Friday.

I understand why deep down inside yourselves, you may have wanted this story to be untrue. Maybe this story struck you in your psyche, and your automatic response is to refuse to believe or deny the story.

Our community is out here slaughtering and warring against each other, in a war that was created by another people to destroy us.

Certainly a mother calling her child "black" should be the least of our worries. However, is it possible that a story like this explains some of our reasons for continuing to war against ourselves? Or possibly explain the fact that we believe that we are our own enemies?

We are all very aware that yes, there are black people who exist that do not love, recognize, or understand who they are. I had the displeasure of encountering a mother who has this very same mindset.

@bunz Unfortunately for you, you may not have had a positive figure in your life to stick up for you, but I know this child and their family, and it is very much my disposition to encourage young women and men of color. And if I witness something like this, it is very much in my nature to speak up. I hold young black children to the highest caliber because I believe there is greatness in them even when the world does not.

@wonderful No clap back here. As usual, people are concerned with the wrong issue, authenticity in this case, rather than discussing real problems. These same young men will continue to be belittled by their own community and grow up to be the carbon copy of the black men we see today. Their daughters will seek out these men to be the pillar of their domicile, but there will be no refuge in a man who has been taught since he was a child that black is not good enough.

I've dragged a few black members here for degrading other blacks. Nothing about THAT changes offline.

No need for archivists, I can post my own receipts.

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 8:06pm
is it highlighting if there are more bolded words than unbolded

time to read Geek
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

This is why I'm getting a Naija woman.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy [<:o)]

Said noone ever
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 9:05pm
DAnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngg She came for you Bunz. Whatchu going to do naw
@bunz Unfortunately for you, you may not have had a positive figure in your life to stick up for you, but I know this child and their family, and it is very much my disposition to encourage young women and men of color. And if I witness something like this, it is very much in my nature to speak up. I hold young black children to the highest caliber because I believe there is greatness in them even when the world does not.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 5:11am
well she told yallClapLOL

the elevator gifs were a plus
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 9:54am
Smh sad..lol@ latest addition

It bothered me when I told this little yellow girl something like "oooh look at your tan, you're getting dark. How pretty" and she got so upset and started pouting "I don't wanna be dark". She was 4..too young to just feel like that on her own. But unfortunately I know exactly where it came from
FABdotNET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FABdotNET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 10:17am
This just reminded me to watch that documentary on Netflix called "Dark Girls" today.
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 11:20am
Ignorant ass people man.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic