BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

"That's why you're Black!"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SeeminglySweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote SeeminglySweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "That's why you're Black!"
    Posted: May 29 2014 at 9:38pm
Today I witnessed a mother tease her young son that he was "black".
Her son was being slightly unruly, and to get beneath his skin she retorted, "That's why you're black!"

The response from the son was very unsettling. He teared up, jumped up from his seat, told his mother to be quiet and leave him alone, and ran off to cry in private.

Who told him black was bad?

The mother threw back her head in a haughty laugh, knowing she just stopped her son's unruly behavior by hurting him. In her mind, she won.

I was taken aback.

I won't act brand new like this isn't an issue, but a mother to her son? This is not the first time I have heard this person make derogatory comments to her own people.

My response: "Why would you do that? He's going to have the whole world telling him he's black his whole life, why are you making it seem like a bad thing? He IS black."

I called after him and said "Hey! It's okay, black is not a bad thing! If ANYONE calls you black in a mean way, you say I AM A BLACK MAN!" But he still ran off to cry.

The mother and father are black, so obviously the son is too. The son is "yellow" toned, the "black" she was referring to was his tan he's developed from playing outside.

It's just sad when I see mothers like this who do not understand what it takes to raise a strong black man. Ironically the child's father is "black" in the way she was using it (dark skin). Is it shameful for the child to look like or be the color of his father?

The mother is the ideal stereotype. She has multiple children, different fathers, welfare, the epitome of what the world thinks of when they view "black", and yet you degrade your son like this.

Do you understand this mentality? Did you experience this from family?

Certainly this explains some issues in our communities. Discuss.

Edited by SeeminglySweet - May 29 2014 at 9:40pm
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeeminglySweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 9:40pm
Fixed.

Edited by SeeminglySweet - May 29 2014 at 9:41pm
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 9:44pm
"That's why you black"

Was he going around thinking he was white?  Is he the lightest of her many children?...so many questions.
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 9:53pm
There are some parents that are the reason for the childs anger issues then they explode on innocent people I cant believe the father sat there and didn't check that ass two ignorant parents I see a bright future ahead of him.

When people use black in a negative way I always say black is not the worst thing you can be.

Edited by thewonderfulwa - May 29 2014 at 9:54pm
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:00pm
A low opinion of black especially when you're black.. I just can not

ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:02pm
Where is his dad?  While I have seen this type of behavior too, I think boys who have dads to talk to about what it means and what it does not mean to be a black man fare better.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:04pm
SN:  It has always bothered me when people yell at their kids as if the louder they are the more serious their child is going to take them.  Get on their level and talk to them like you love them and want them to understand what it is about their behavior that is not acceptable.  All somebody screaming in my face ever did was piss me off.  I understand why some of these kids are angry.  
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:05pm
i looked just like the first gif when reading the thread title..
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by thewonderfulwa thewonderfulwa wrote:

There are some parents that are the reason for the childs anger issues then they explode on innocent people I cant believe the father sat there and didn't check that ass two ignorant parents I see a bright future ahead of him.

When people use black in a negative way I always say black is not the worst thing you can be.

It's not, it's the best thing!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SeeminglySweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:22pm
@foxy I asked the child what he considers himself. Is he white or black? He said "I am a brown."

Her children are all the same tone, or very close. There is no major variation. She was just being nasty to him.

@wonderful @gurld The father was not present.  He explodes now! He jumped up, stormed off, cried, etc. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic