Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives 2007
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedthat smell under tha weave

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
slikchik View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2007 at 12:52am

numba1doma calm down...did you read what weavesbycharron said?

Originally posted by mslitta mslitta wrote:

i am sorry i wasnt trying to be rude or rough..LOL..didnt mean to make it a laughing matter...but some people think you can't wash your hair when its weaved..but you can...and yes i lacked to mention to not go to bed with it wet..it will def stink...Smile

but yea make sure when you wash it, the tracks underneath are completely dry before going to bed. you might want to wash in the morning so that you won't have to put a blowdryer to it like i have to do right now lol

Edited by slikchik - Jun 11 2007 at 12:53am
Sponsored Links

wvekre8shons View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2007 at 1:19am
numba1doma
ok you obviously didnt read my other post

i am sorry i wasnt trying to be rude or rough..LOL..didnt mean to make it a laughing matter...but some people think you can't wash your hair when its weaved..but you can...and yes i lacked to mention to not go to bed with it wet..it will def stink...

i wasn' t refering to you not washing your hair in my first post..i meant the weave..sorry for not clarifying that...as far as being a smart azz...that was an un neccesarry and nasty comment little girl..you came on here and asked for help and i dont think the other adults on here appreciate you using idiot freely like that...i will remember your name next time you post and hopefully no one will answer your young imature self!
how rude!!..

and at this point i am going to not respond to any other post on this form..this crap is getting way out of hand..!!
My goodness!!
just_1_me View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2007 at 6:42am
Originally posted by wvesbycharron wvesbycharron wrote:

numba1doma
ok you obviously didnt read my other post

i am sorry i wasnt trying to be rude or rough..LOL..didnt mean to make it a laughing matter...but some people think you can't wash your hair when its weaved..but you can...and yes i lacked to mention to not go to bed with it wet..it will def stink...

i wasn' t refering to you not washing your hair in my first post..i meant the weave..sorry for not clarifying that...as far as being a smart azz...that was an un neccesarry and nasty comment little girl..you came on here and asked for help and i dont think the other adults on here appreciate you using idiot freely like that...i will remember your name next time you post and hopefully no one will answer your young imature self!
how rude!!..

and at this point i am going to not respond to any other post on this form..this crap is getting way out of hand..!!
My goodness!!

wvesbycharron:  don't stop posting...as a stylist you offer us such good information.  I understood what you were saying...not everyone washes their hair when they have a weaveDead.  Some people are new to wearing a weave and don't really know allot about maintaining one.  WE're all here to learn and as simplistic as some info may seems..it's needed.

SenatorCaroline View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2007 at 7:50am
Originally posted by numba1doma numba1doma wrote:

okay, i use to get alot of weaves before i went natural. and if i dont remember nothin else about the weaves i remember that smell. your scalp itches and you get that smell. i think its from tha built up sweat and dirt. now im about to get a curly weave and my question is how do you clean ur scalp when you get a sew in and how do you prevent that smell??

Uh um...in between washes...I use a combo of concentrated tea tree oil and witch hazel to combat any funky smells...especially after workouts!
summer rain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2007 at 7:56am
I use sea breeze or apple cider vinager diluted with some water and just pour it on to the scalp...I always wash in the middle of the day so that my hair is dry by the evening.......
SenatorCaroline View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2007 at 8:08am
Originally posted by summer rain summer rain wrote:

I use sea breeze or apple cider vinager diluted with some water and just pour it on to the scalp...I always wash in the middle of the day so that my hair is dry by the evening.......

Summer I've been meaning to PM you...but you and your hair look hottttttt sis!!!!!Wink
MsBBWBarbieDoll View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2007 at 8:38am
Originally posted by wvesbycharron wvesbycharron wrote:

wash your hair

LOLLOLLOLLOL Lmao
MsBBWBarbieDoll View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2007 at 8:40am
Butttttttttttt oh to answer the question, I don't shampoo alot with sew-in's, like maybe once a week. But I do cleanse my scalp really well with sea breeze or witch hazel and blow dry really well. That keeps any odor away.
bella_noire View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2007 at 1:02pm
Sometimes when washing your hair with a weave, your scalp is often neglected, so if there's a smell that is a sign that there is bacteria/fungus near the scalp, real talk. Moisture from sweat, which tends to have salt, products, dirt, dead skin, lack of oxygen, and darkness are the perfect environment for these host. So prior to your install you should see to it that your scalp is in the best conditions possible. It should be well moisturized, clean, and no flaking. Also after washing you should sit under a hooded dry to make sure all the water moisture is dried up. Products with antibacterial, antifungal and astrigent properties like tea tree oil, vinegar, and other herbal oils can be applied with an applicator bottle directly to scalp between braids. However if the smell is just too overbearing I'd highly advise removing the weave, getting the scalp is tip top shape and applying a new fresh weave.

Edited by bella_noire - Jun 11 2007 at 1:08pm
numba1doma View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2007 at 1:06pm
goodbye then.........and i wouldnt call anyone immature when i came on here asking a legitamate question and you wana make a joke. but anyway, please do remember my name and walk on egg shells around this forum............could care less. have a nice day
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic