Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - That Hair Company and Honeyhand review London UK
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

That Hair Company and Honeyhand review London UK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
ka_schwim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ka_schwim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: That Hair Company and Honeyhand review London UK
    Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 3:09pm

This is a two part review of the company I got the weave from and the salon that installed the weave. Sorry for the length but I wanted to go into depth because I had such a hard time searching good hair companies in London, UK.

I ordered hair from That Hair Company based on a recommendation from a colleague. Her hair is always styled nice and she said the hair was stress free; oh how wrong she was. The first batch of hair I received was full of gray hairs and underweight by a little over 10% so I emailed the vendor pictures and she replaced the hair. To be honest the vendor's customer service is great and I do wish her well.

The second batch of hair came and it smelt ok. I washed it and it looked and felt good. Before I washed it I did the usual weighing, measuring the length and the second batch was closer to the advertised weight of what I bought. Combing the hair before I washed it lead to lots of shedding. I thought ok, I'm definitely sealing this hair before I install. There was no color run off from washing it and it dried nice and fluffy.

I had the hair installed at Honeyhand New Cross branch salon. The salon gets loads of good reviews and my colleague recommended them to me also but the Leytonstone branch. My colleague got her hair installed by the owner of the salon so maybe that's why her install came out better than mine. The salon has three people work on your hair, one braids, one sew-in, and another styles. The lady who sew-in my hair seemed to have an issue with me from the moment I walked in the store. She must have seen my eager anticipation to have my very first weave done. As I was sitting waiting on the braider to start the sew-in lady looked over at me and then says to the receptionist that 'She needs to have her weave taken out and hair washed before we start and she didn't book that'. I wasn't wearing a weave at the time, just my hair roller set and already washed ready to get going. When she found out that it was my own hair on my head she sucked her teeth and turned her back to me. I should have just walked out of the salon then but I was so excited and looking forward to that day for so long that I wasn't going to let her ruin my day.

I got my hair braided and it wasn't tight so I was relieved. Then it was time for the sew-in lady. She didn't say a word to me the entire time she sew-in my weave. The braider came to talk to me and she talked to the braider. There were a few times when she pulled really hard when sewing and I asked her to be a little more gentle because it was my first sew-in. No response from her to me but just continued sewing. I felt the tug on the braids but I half thought maybe it was the weight of the hair. She finished my sew-in and then left without a word to me. The stylist tried to fix some of the mis-placed wefts and I left there with a headache.

This hair has been trouble since. Its been crawling up my neck, shedding all over the place and not given me the easy hair do I anticipated. The only thing that has worked is the silicon mix (thanks Princess Grace) but that only stops the crawl for about two days then its back to its regular self. Maybe I got a bad batch of hair, maybe the sew-in lady was having a bad day, all I can say is this first weave experience has been awful. I hope my second install goes better.

Please feel free to ask me any points I might have missed out.

On to the pictures

That Hair Company

packaging

wefts

weight

bundles

length

shedding before first wash

wet

dry

after 4 hour outing, I didn't even realise it looked like this until I got home Confused  Ouch

shedding after combing before bed

weft that is sewn over edge of closure, is this how sew-ins work?!?!?!? I know this is not

Sponsored Links

1KrysT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1KrysT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 3:25pm
OP-  I am sorry about your horrible experience-nothing worse than a stylist with a stank attitude. Can you post a front picture of your install?
LadyLovely View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyLovely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 4:24pm
Sounds like my first install experience but it was my fault it was a kitchen do my head hurt so bad I took it out two days after install so I really dont know if the hair I purchased was good or bad
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 4:41pm
Thank you for the honest and detailed review, I am so sorry your first weave experience ended like this. In the future I would try Impressive hair and I do believe they are based in London, I have never purchased their hair because the last few times the texture I wanted was out of stock but another trusted member used them and her hair was fine.

On the side your track is not supposed to be showing, I would call the shop and ask to speak to the owner. Send her pictures of your install and see what she can do about fixing your hair. Other than the silicon mix the only thing that you could do to the hair that I know of is a bleach bath and the hair must be removed to do that. 

Hopefully others will chime in, maybe they have a easier solution. Smile

Is that bodywave hair??? 

Edited by Princess Grace - Feb 06 2014 at 4:43pm
ka_schwim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ka_schwim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 7:42am
Originally posted by 1KrysT 1KrysT wrote:

OP-  I am sorry about your horrible experience-nothing worse than a stylist with a stank attitude. Can you post a front picture of your install?

This is the picture I took of the install the very next day, the closure didn't have to have the knots bleached as it was a very good match to my scalp

ka_schwim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ka_schwim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 7:48am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Thank you for the honest and detailed review, I am so sorry your first weave experience ended like this. In the future I would try Impressive hair and I do believe they are based in London, I have never purchased their hair because the last few times the texture I wanted was out of stock but another trusted member used them and her hair was fine.

On the side your track is not supposed to be showing, I would call the shop and ask to speak to the owner. Send her pictures of your install and see what she can do about fixing your hair. Other than the silicon mix the only thing that you could do to the hair that I know of is a bleach bath and the hair must be removed to do that. 

Hopefully others will chime in, maybe they have a easier solution. Smile

Is that bodywave hair??? 

Ouch Confused yes its bodywave hair Cry I'm a novice and didn't know better Embarrassed

I've already got my bdogg ready for my next install, I've not seen any reviews about it tangling or crawling up the neck. I've double sealed his wefts so hopefully I'll not have the shedding I've had these last few months.

I might try the bleach bath to try and save this hair after I take it out but to be honest with the shedding I'm leaning to just calling it a bad experience and tossing it in the trash.
DonBellaDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBellaDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 3:11pm
Just Damn Disapprove I'm sorry this happened.
NemaBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NemaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:25am
Oh no ! I'm so sorry this happened to you ! I was actually considering getting my hair done at this salon also.you should definitively complain. Send pictures or call the  Leytonstone branch to see what can be done to rectify the situation.

I cannot believe how unprofessional that stylist was. At least now that you had your first install experience, you will be able to speak up when you are not satisfied with how you are being handled in a salon. Last time I went to a salon was over 4 years ago and I vouched to never go back because I would end up with headaches, less money and would have wasted a whole day for my hair although I'd have an appointment. Seeing that it is still a hit or miss, let me crawl back to my room and finish my closure wigs...
PeachyPlum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeachyPlum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 12:08pm
Hey, sorry for your experience.

For future installs, I recommend Bobby's hair salon, avoid the Camberwell Road branch as the waiting time from braiding to getting your weave installed can be about 5 hours minimum. But they have a branch in Woolwich high Street & Peckham. And it only costs £22 for a full sew in. Never been to the woolwich branch as it's just opened but been to the Peckham one and camberwell.

I always avoid UK vendors, the majority of them probably get their hair from china, so stick with QHP.
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 4:18pm
Wow...I am just reading this. I am a UK BHMer - sorry about your experience with HoneyHand. One of my clients actually knows the owner so I might just send her this link. The bodywave hair is not supposed to look like that at all. Basically you got sold the lower quality hair (basically bss quality). Please don't tar all UK vendors with the same brush as some of us do care about the hair quality!

Oh I think Impressive hair is based in Germany not London.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic