Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Thanksgiving...Whats on the Menu?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 1:06pm
my contribution is Fried Turkey, Collard Greens and the mac and cheese.. 
Sponsored Links

Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 1:21pm
I didn't get to make cookies.. but I'm about to make a drink
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 1:25pm
Oh Claudie has TX relatives? I should have slid in with some of them and just pretended I was related to someone there. The drinks got me
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 1:52pm
Happy thanksgiving BHM Fam! I just got back from the parade & needless to say, I'm exhausted. I woke up around 2 and started cooking.

I made chocolate chip cookies
mini cheesecakes
cornbread (claudie I'm saving the recipe until I have the cornmeal)
candied yams
and the stuffing before I left

Got back and started the rest:

baked mac & cheese
ribs
black eyed peas

turkey STILL isn't in the oven...waiting on the mac to brown

I'm happy I have a convection oven so I can make the ribs and roast while the turkey is in the oven...

We'll be eating late tonight!

Anyway I hope everyone is safe & enjoying the day!

mzmee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzmee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by mzmee mzmee wrote:

Two chickens
Duck
Ham
Dressing
Baked Macaroni & Cheese
Greens
Mashed Potatoes
Yeast Rolls
Lasagna

Desert:
Red Velvet Cupcakes(done)
Pound Cake (done)
Peach Cobbler (done)
ETA: Sweet Potato Pie (done) How could I forget I was up almost all night doing my deserts

Family is bringing other dishes. My nieces challenged me to a cupcake bake-off. I haven't decided what to do for the competition. But I'll be sure to school and spank that ass.
Just made some Banana Pudding. My 11 year old told me last night she wanted some so I tore ass to get ingredients. I got a request for some Potato Salad. The hubster jerked one of the chickens... oooooowwweeeee... My sister made a chicken potato salad. I really can't stop eating this.
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

hold up wait a minute! i just saw claudie's menu.

yeah me and my fam of 7 coming over there.

Come on over, we have plenty.   Are you near Ohio?   My doors are open, we love to entertain.

awwh ur so sweet!

girl i live in md. but lawd that menu sure sounds good! hope yall enjoy. and post pics if ya can! if i cant taste at least i can see.

I have relatives in Maryland Big smile.   Thanks and you are welcome.   Dinner is ready, we are waiting on a couple friends to get here.  Happy Thanksgiving!
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Dang, claudie. I really should come over.

I just had 2 cans of soup and a sandwich. I will be calling golden corral to see if they are opened today.

ETA: they are opened till 7pm

You should have planned on coming here.  You know you are welcome to come.  I hate for you or anyone, to be alone during the holidays. 
Gumdrop92 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumdrop92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:54pm
I wish you could see the struggle going on in my kitchen...
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Oh Claudie has TX relatives? I should have slid in with some of them and just pretended I was related to someone there. The drinks got me

LiteBrite, Happy Thanksgiving.  I have relatives living in three cities in TX, all of them are here.  No, you would not have to pretend LOL.   We make everyone feel at home in my house.  My besties are my Sisters, I am an only child.  We love entertaining and having guests.  I cannot drink liquor anymore,   we always keep a stocked bar. 

I am hungry waiting for late people to get here.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic