Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Thanksgiving...Whats on the Menu?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

Not a thing. I'll be showing up to your houses with tupperware and foil in hand.

A friend of mine did that one year...had the nerve to say AFTER she packed food for herself & kids, "I'm gonna fix some for my "friend" okay?" Shocked

What her name is? It mighta been me lol
Sponsored Links

SimplyPut View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplyPut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 9:57am
Originally posted by bg bg wrote:

Originally posted by SimplyPut SimplyPut wrote:

Fried Turkey
Honey Baked Ham
Chitterlings
Dressing
Baked Macaroni & Cheese
Yeast Rolls
Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potatoe Pies
Peach Cobbler
Hog Mogs
Giblet Gravy
Spagetti
Pound Cake
Deer Dressing
Various Casseroles
Gumbo
Dirty Rice
Jambalaya
Shrimp Pasta
Hot Water Cornbread
Fried Chicken

*I'll be back to add more when my granny sends out the menu. I have a huge family so this isn't even touching the surface.

It just like regular dressing, but instead of filling it with turkey or chicken you fill it with deer meat.
y'all finna throw diiiiiiiiiiiiiine Clap

what is deer dressing?
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 10:07am

Not a thing. I'll be showing up to your houses with tupperware and foil in hand.

A friend of mine did that one year...had the nerve to say AFTER she packed food for herself & kids, "I'm gonna fix some for my "friend" okay?" Shocked

What her name is? It mighta been me lol
It wasn't you Mrs. B, cause you're not PR...she's a good friend but she can be very selfish at times.

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 10:09am
Paging Claudie for the festival recipe...

Has anyone had the entermans sweet potato pie before? It looked good in the store, but wasn't sure how good it was.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 10:21am
 take out. 
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 10:36am

Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

Claudie if you have a recipe for the festival, can you pass it along?

Also, who has the best potato salad recipe? I like mine, however mine is always a little "runny" which is obviously a problem. LOL

Jewel, I have the recipe for Festival.  I just got home, I will post it later tonight.

Make sure that everything is chilled, then mix all ingredients for Potato Salad.  Cut potatoes in halves, do not dice. 
Okay thanks Claudie. I think that's my problem with the potato salad, I peel and dice prior to boiling.

Jewel, this is the recipe I use for Festival.   My Cousin owns a Jamaican restaurant in New York.  She is here at my home for Thanksgiving, and she  told me her recipe is a little different.  She is making Festival tomorrow.  I will be observing to see what is different, and I will send you her recipe.  Shh LOL.  She is a trained Chef and an excellent cook.

1 1/2 cups flour
3 tablespoons cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons brown sugar ( You can use more sugar if you desire, about 5-7 Tablespoons)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
2/3 cup water
vegetable oil (for frying)

Directions

1)  Sift the flour, baking powder, salt,  cornmeal and combine.
2)  Add the sugar and stir.
3) Add the vanilla to the water, and then add the mixture to the dry ingredients, binding to form a soft dough.
4)  Knead lightly.
5)  Leave covered for about 1/2 an hour. Divide the dough into eight portions.
6)  Flour hands.
7)  Knead lightly, then roll and pull each portion to form a 6 inch x 1 1/2 inch length, about 1/8 in thick. You can make shorter ones too.
8) Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

Yes that is a problem, dicing potatoes for Potato Salad.  Make sure that everything is chilled, potatoes, boiled eggs, veggies.  I add a small amount of shredded carrot, chopped parsley leaves, Celery Seeds, and about three Tablespoons Sour Cream to my Potato Salad.  You are welcome, and thank you. 

Edited by Claudie - Nov 21 2012 at 10:43am
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 10:40am

Paging Claudie for the festival recipe...

Has anyone had the entermans sweet potato pie before? It looked good in the store, but wasn't sure how good it was.

Jewel, I posted it a few minutes ago Big smile
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 10:51am
At my house. we cookin:

Fried Turkey
Fried Goat meat
Fried shrimp
Fried Rice
Fried everything else
Cranberry sauce
cornbread  
cheesecake
applepie
shrimp scampi
seared scallops

Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 10:55am
Simply Put, them chitlins on Your Menu got a Sista's mouth watering. I need to learn how to clean em cause I Love to eat them...

Edited by Bored w/Out Me? - Nov 21 2012 at 10:55am
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 10:58am
lmao nala!!

And thanks Claudie...I don't think I have any plain cornmeal, I have some cornbread mix. I might just use that and lessen the sugar? lol...here I go changing the recipe before I even make it!

Anyway, I'll let you know how it turns out & thanks again!! 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
  Share Topic