Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Thanksgiving Stuffing/Dressing From Scratch?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 4:59pm
My Aunt makes an oyster dressing delicious.
Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

purp.. u getting too dang fancy..lmao

u already got the man....and the private cars.. lol

you good boo

if that's another word for lazy, yesLOL, I just don't want to go to the grocery store again. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by bg bg wrote:

i saute onions, celery, fresh sage, fresh parsley and a tiny bit of fresh rosemary (its potent) in butter.

i made my own cornbread the night before.

i also pulse a fresh loaf of Italian bread in the food processor and dry it out on about 250 in the oven.

i boil the gizzards/heart/giblet thingy in water with onion, celery (including leaves) and fresh herbs (thats the broth i use to moisten) along with one (or two depending on how much) powdered chicken bouillon cubes or packets)

crumble bread, add sauteed veggies, then chopped giblets and broth (at this point i taste for seasoning before adding the egg)

add beaten egg (1 or 2 depending on how big)

mix it well and press it into a baking dish,  i then dot it with butter and bake for about 30-35 mins on 350

Thank you. This might work.
bg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

You can really use any kind of meat you like (i've done it before with andouille but that ish was too spicy)

i'm looking forward to seeing your thanksgiving day spread.

Thanks!

But i'm only making a few sides (no dressing), having dinner at my bff's

Yesssss first year in a min i'm letting somebody else do the work
bg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

i saute onions, celery, fresh sage, fresh parsley and a tiny bit of fresh rosemary (its potent) in butter.

i made my own cornbread the night before.

i also pulse a fresh loaf of Italian bread in the food processor and dry it out on about 250 in the oven.

i boil the gizzards/heart/giblet thingy in water with onion, celery (including leaves) and fresh herbs (thats the broth i use to moisten) along with one (or two depending on how much) powdered chicken bouillon cubes or packets)

crumble bread, add sauteed veggies, then chopped giblets and broth (at this point i taste for seasoning before adding the egg)

add beaten egg (1 or 2 depending on how big)

mix it well and press it into a baking dish,  i then dot it with butter and bake for about 30-35 mins on 350

Thank you. This might work.

Np Mrs. PH!

i would watch it just to make sure it doesn't turn too crispy, you just wanna dry it out, not necessarily brown it.

Happy cooking and Turkey day!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 6:44pm
Beer
laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

I thought stuffing was put inside the turkey and dressing you serve on the side. I'm actually talking about dressing tho, since I don't believe in putting anything inside.'

@JA
I think the main difference is dressing is made with cornbread and stuffing is made with just the bread crumbs. I think. I found this in a stuffing recipe online for your bread crumbs.

• To make dry bread cubes for stuffing, cut bread into 1/2-inch square pieces. (You'll need 12 to 14 slices of bread for 8 cups of dry cubes.) Spread in a single layer in a 15-1/2x10-1/2x2-inch baking pan. Bake in a 300 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until dry, stirring twice; cool. (Bread will continue to dry as it cools.) Or, let stand, loosely covered, at room temperature for 8 to 12 hours.
  • Prepare stuffing cubes and freeze up to 1 month ahead. (Do not stuff turkey until just before roasting.)
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 7:15pm
I'm lazy this year & there are only 3 of us in the house. I will be making turkey and stuffing meatballs with a cran-apple sauce. Still don't know what sides to make.
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 7:17pm
i have no idea what you people are talking about lol. 
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 7:18pm
i make it homemade, but i heard that white castles dressing is the bomb, i'm thinking about doing that.. and also add some cornbread to it, here's a recipe but I think i'd tweak it and toast the hamburger buns some b4 i mix it all together..

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>