Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Thanksgiving Stuffing/Dressing From Scratch?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 4:40pm
purp.. u getting too dang fancy..lmao

u already got the man....and the private cars.. lol

you good boo
Sponsored Links

Duchess of Cali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Duchess of Cali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 4:40pm
Nobody adds the turkey "drippings" to their dressing?

James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 4:41pm
dressing>>>>>stuffing.

stuffing is for white folk imho.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 4:43pm
I need pics of before and after!!! Or step by step instructions. Some one thought it was a bright idea to choose me to make the stufing/dressingStern Smile. I only made it once before in the turkey and added rice in the mix.

I don't need any disasters since ppl are counting on me. So i'm listening and waiting on responses.

Purp bless your heart because I was about to go into panic mode trying to figure out how to make 2 full pans of stuffing.

FYI I never heard of it being called dressing. I just learn this last year from my co-worker when she volunteered to bring dressing and I sucked my teeth and shouted across the room YOU BETTA BE BRINGING RANCH since you wanna be cheap and only bring dressing for a cheap salad. Embarassinggggggg moment at work is all I have to say!!!! 
ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 4:45pm
My mom makes hers from scratch. Crumbled cornbread, sage, celery, sauteed peppers, onions , mushrooms, ground spicy sausage and a bunch of seasonings, I'm missing ingredients though. It's good as hell and I call it stuffing, bc it's stuffed in the bird
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 4:45pm
I thought stuffing was put inside the turkey and dressing you serve on the side. I'm actually talking about dressing tho, since I don't believe in putting anything inside.'

@JA

Edited by PurpleHaze - Nov 19 2012 at 4:46pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 4:46pm

only white people stuff their turkey.

Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

I thought stuffing was put inside the turkey and dressing you serve on the side. I'm actually talking about dressing tho, since I don't believe in putting anything inside.'

@JA

i didn't know that. tbh i've never had a stuffed turkey.

Edited by James Avery - Nov 19 2012 at 4:51pm
bg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 4:53pm
i saute onions, celery, fresh sage, fresh parsley and a tiny bit of fresh rosemary (its potent) in butter.

i made my own cornbread the night before.

i also pulse a fresh loaf of Italian bread in the food processor and dry it out on about 250 in the oven.

i boil the gizzards/heart/giblet thingy in water with onion, celery (including leaves) and fresh herbs (thats the broth i use to moisten) along with one (or two depending on how much) powdered chicken bouillon cubes or packets)

crumble bread, add sauteed veggies, then chopped giblets and broth (at this point i taste for seasoning before adding the egg)

add beaten egg (1 or 2 depending on how big)

mix it well and press it into a baking dish,  i then dot it with butter and bake for about 30-35 mins on 350
bg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 4:54pm
You can really use any kind of meat you like (i've done it before with andouille but that ish was too spicy)

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by bg bg wrote:

You can really use any kind of meat you like (i've done it before with andouille but that ish was too spicy)

i'm looking forward to seeing your thanksgiving day spread.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic