Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Natural Hair Care - Archives
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Thanks Ladies and OMJ for the Advice. Update w/Pic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedThanks Ladies and OMJ for the Advice. Update w/Pic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2009 at 10:25am

for so long I wore weaves and my mom was always upset bc i had so much hair of my own.  I was just so lazy to take care of it.  This last take down I started wearing my hair and its a mental transition for me as well as a physical one.  I get frustrated when my hair has other plans as far as shape as opposed to the expected outcome you get with weave.  I get frustrated some days and rejoice others.  Yeah its a mental transitionErmm *hangs head

Sponsored Links

OnMyJourney View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2009 at 10:49am
Hug We wouldn't think of judging you, just as so many of the ladies have said there's a mental transition required. And when I began my journey I didn't realize that either.  The ladies have given you some great advice already in regard to co-washing and Deep conditioning. The 101 thread,  I hope will be of great help to you. Just remember, MOISTURE, MOISTURE, MOISTURE is your bestest friend!

I also recommend the Natural Hair Inspiration thread (which is linked in the 101 thread) . It is choc'ed FULL of gorgeous natural hair of all textures, lengths and colors! I go in there everyday, it really helps to keep me motivated and encouraged.

Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2009 at 10:51am
Originally posted by binky622 binky622 wrote:

for so long I wore weaves and my mom was always upset bc i had so much hair of my own.  I was just so lazy to take care of it.  This last take down I started wearing my hair and its a mental transition for me as well as a physical one.  I get frustrated when my hair has other plans as far as shape as opposed to the expected outcome you get with weave.  I get frustrated some days and rejoice others.  Yeah its a mental transitionErmm *hangs head

Awww. Hug
Hang in there, lady.
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2009 at 10:52am
OMJ can i ask you a question about transitioning without the big chop? are there any threads on that?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2009 at 10:55am

Their will always be bad hair days, being natural doesn't make any of us immune to that. So don't be upset with yourself for feeling that way. Styling comes with time and patience. I also encourage you to look through the Inspiration thread that I just linked above (in my last post), as well as the 101 thread (there's a YT playlist of hair tutorials and a thread dedicated to stying).  You'll get it, hold your head up  mama! Hug
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2009 at 10:57am
Originally posted by OnMyJourney OnMyJourney wrote:

Their will always be bad hair days, being natural doesn't make any of us immune to that. So don't be upset with yourself for feeling that way. Styling comes with time and patience. I also encourage you to look through the Inspiration thread that I just linked above (in my last post), as well as the 101 thread (there's a YT playlist of hair tutorials and a thread dedicated to stying).  You'll get it, hold your head up  mama! Hug
thanks, I needed thatHug
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2009 at 10:59am

OMJ can i ask you a question about transitioning without the big chop? are there any threads on that?

Sure you can. Big%20smile  I was just replying to your post and referring to the 101 thread. I included a lot of links there to specifically support my transitioning sistas - from what to expect, mistakes that we've all made (so others won't make them), the importance of moisture and some great conditioners (to help you get there).   Take a look at those and let me know if you have any questions. I'd be more than happy to help in any way I can!! I'm so excited for you!! ClapStar
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2009 at 11:00am

Originally posted by OnMyJourney OnMyJourney wrote:

thanks, I needed thatHug

Anytime! Star
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2009 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Swift Swift wrote:

Awww. Hug
Hang in there, lady.
thanks swift...that dooo is sooo sexy i wished i had the never to do thatShocked
DonnaB63 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2009 at 11:20am

It's a progression, because we have truly been brainwashed to believe that silky or bone straight hair is better and more beautiful.  Those images are everywhere. 

You've come to the right place for information, sisterhood, and a great bunch of ladies who just understandHug
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic