Perfect Hair Collection

texturizer vs. relaxer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
lattabody View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lattabody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2008 at 7:03pm
ok i have relaxed hair can it be texturized not texlaxed
Sponsored Links

Nigerian queen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian queen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2008 at 9:16pm
only on your new growth.
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2008 at 8:54am

Please excuse my somewhat off-topic Question as I'm not allowed to start a post, Is there another product I should be trying as opposed to a no-lye txt. I only left it in about 5 minutes, cuz I didn't want it straight

Can anyone tell me why after only 3 weeks my hair will not curl up (defined) like it did when the texturizer was first applied. I know everyone says it should last 3 months, but it's just not doing what it used to. I'm a man and wear my hair short it's about a half inch long, and like the tight seperated curls look. I realize there is new growth there but can anything be done about it? It'll still curl with the wash n wear look, but it's ALOT more fuzzier now and doesn't look that neat
afrosista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrosista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2008 at 1:10pm
wel we all wish our hair wud always look as good as the day u get it texturised... but it doesnt lol
i gues it partly reverts n ofcourse thers new growth... do u put any products in it to activate the curls?  wen my hair was really short i used a the scurl no drip spray and always always always used  curly mouse.. that gets rid of the frizz big time... i did also somtimes use IC hair gel but that jus made my hair feel all crispy crunchy but it definitely looked good.
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2008 at 7:23pm
afrosista......thanks for the response.
and yes you're right.....oh how I wish it looked like day one everyday....lol
I use a combo of things mainly aloe vera curl activator gel mixed with some commercial brand of activating gel (i dunno the name, but it's just as similar to s-curl)
Someone once told me to try the aloe vera gel mixed a couple drops of honey to tighten up the curls, and I must say the first time I tried it I did notice the curls were much more tight with the honey mixed in. The aloe/honey mix left my hair very curly but hard, where as the s-curl mix did it's job but it was soft and a tad oily.
Today I mixed all three together and it was better than yesterday, but still noticeably fuzzy/frizzy.

[qoute]scurl no drip spray and always always always used  curly mouse[/qoute]

I will have to try this method out, did it stay looking good a month or two down the line? What's the name of this curly mouse? Sorry for all the questions......I know nothing....lol been rocking fades and the bald head for years and years, and just decided to switch it up so as not to look like every other brother in the club nowadays....lol
afrosista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrosista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2008 at 12:48pm
wel i tried lots of different curly mousses... when u go to the white hair care section of the store theres always lots of different mousses... most of them say volumnising mousse, stay away from those lol! but any mousse that says curly, or curl defining mousse will work, i used the one by pantene , garnier, pretty much tried every brand i think in the end i preferred the one by sunsilk... gave me the best results... u want the mousse to be the last thing u put in ur hair altho i did used to spray the hair mist on afterwards by IC..
but i mean its possible also that the reason its so frizzy its cos it wasnt properly texturised in ther 1st place...  but try a few days with mousse..

also do u shampoo ur hair alot? cos that cud b partly the prob!

but yea dnt apologise abt the questions lol keep them comingHug
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2008 at 2:21pm
The frizziness looks to me to be coming from all new groth. I'm seriously comtemplating combing out and cutting off the older stuff. When I (well my g/f) put it in we only left it in for about 6 minutes, should it have been longer. She's saying I should touch it up, but I just don't want it to be straight, and ultimately end up cutting it off.
That's the good part of being a guy BTW, when I mess up I just shave it all off....lol
nochi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nochi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2008 at 11:39pm
trudawg.. get a denman brush. sallys, 8 dollars. it really works amazing to define curls. just do a search on here you will see ppl really love it. use it with a gel, activator, whatever. i use it on my little brothers hair, hes 14 and doesnt care about his hair lol but his hair is about 1/2-1 inch long, and he doesnt have a tex but hes mixed and his hair naturally looks like what i imagine most ppls texturizer looks like. it works really well on his hair as well as my much longer hair.. basically anybody with curl hair, this brush has really helped with defining/clumping curls

:-)

Edited by nochi - Sep 05 2008 at 11:40pm
ataylor19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ataylor19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2008 at 12:40pm

Can anyone help?

2 weeks ago I had a texturizer put in my hair. My hair had not been relaxed in about 1 year, so I had a ton of new growth. I am not sure if the girl put the texturizer on all of my hair. I am afraid to wash it now because I am afraid to see what this texturizer really did to it. As of right now, it's nice and straight.

Can someone tell me what the texturizer actually does? My friend who did mine has nice curly hair, so I'm hoping that with time as the relaxed portion of my hair grows out, the texturizer will help define my natural curls, if I even have them.

Help!Confused

nochi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nochi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2008 at 1:37pm
a texturizer is not supposed to straighten hair, only loosen curl. even if she put it on the part of your hair that was already relaxed, that hair will not become "curly" again. the new growth should get curly when wet.

you should do some research next time before getting something like this done to your hair so you will know what it is youre getting done b/c if not you could end up with some really f-ed up hair.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic