Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Texturizers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

texturizer vs. relaxer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
mshair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mshair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: texturizer vs. relaxer
    Posted: Aug 26 2008 at 1:24pm
what is the real difference between a texturizer and a relaxer that doesn't stay in longer than 5 mins.?
Sponsored Links

TrulyPosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrulyPosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2008 at 2:31pm
to my knowledge....they are one in the same and the difference is in what people decide to call it.  saying "texturizer" is much shorter than "a relaxer that doesn't stay in longer than 5 mins."  Smile

Nigerian queen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian queen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2008 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by TrulyPosh TrulyPosh wrote:

to my knowledge....they are one in the same and the difference is in what people decide to call it.  saying "texturizer" is much shorter than "a relaxer that doesn't stay in longer than 5 mins."  Smile

actually, that is not correct.

a texturizer is a mild, very mild relaxer, and depending on your texture, can be left on (application time included) 10-35mins.

while a relaxer, if left for a very short period of time, just to loosen the texture, and not straighten it, is called texlaxing.

Edited by Nigerian queen - Aug 26 2008 at 8:02pm
cocominx32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocominx32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 8:59am
I have shoulder length texlaxed hair.  I like it bc when it's warm I can wear it curly with no effort.  There really is no diff chemical wise, but the process is different because it is only left on long enough to remove some of the kink.
TrulyPosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrulyPosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Nigerian queen Nigerian queen wrote:

a texturizer is a mild, very mild relaxer, and depending on your texture, can be left on (application time included) 10-35mins.

while a relaxer, if left for a very short period of time, just to loosen the texture, and not straighten it, is called texlaxing.

i'm gonna have to agree to disagree, right here. i had never heard of the term 'texlaxing' before i came to this forum and based on what i've read, it is the same as a texturizer.  meaning, both methods are applied for shorter periods of time (than a perm) in order to loosen the curl pattern and give the hair texture (as opposed to being permanently straight).

i'm going to speak on my experiences and observations in upscale salons: i wore a texturizer for almost two years and it was immediately rinsed/washed out after being fully applied to my head. i noticed that girls getting full on relaxers/perms would sit for 10 - 35 minutes. that's a stark contrast to the 5 minutes i did with a texturizer; which is how my stylist(s) referred to it.
i'm unconvinced that texlaxing/texturizers are two different methods. they seem to be two different names for very mild perms that give people 'texture' and more options when styling, as opposed to bone straight.
again...that's based on my experience, observations, and opinions...

miss_westindies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss_westindies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 1:28pm
Nigerian Queen are you saying that the formula for texturisers ie; ones labelled as such on the box is slightly different from a relaxer. I can see some logic in this no offense to any texlaxed heads but the majority I've seen just look underprocessed vs texturized heads which actually look curly...it could just be the amount of time it's been left in for though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian queen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2008 at 7:32am
exactly, miss westindies!!!!! texurizer and relaxers are two different formulas, resulting in two different results! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian queen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2008 at 7:41am

Originally posted by Nigerian queen Nigerian queen wrote:

i'm gonna have to agree to disagree, right here. i had never heard of the term 'texlaxing' before i came to this forum and based on what i've read, it is the same as a texturizer.  meaning, both methods are applied for shorter periods of time (than a perm) in order to loosen the curl pattern and give the hair texture (as opposed to being permanently straight).

i'm going to speak on my experiences and observations in upscale salons: i wore a texturizer for almost two years and it was immediately rinsed/washed out after being fully applied to my head. i noticed that girls getting full on relaxers/perms would sit for 10 - 35 minutes. that's a stark contrast to the 5 minutes i did with a texturizer; which is how my stylist(s) referred to it.
i'm unconvinced that texlaxing/texturizers are two different methods. they seem to be two different names for very mild perms that give people 'texture' and more options when styling, as opposed to bone straight.
again...that's based on my experience, observations, and opinions...

texurizing= is the use of a Texurizer to loosen the curl pattern.(elongating the curl.)
texlaxing= is the use of a Relaxer to loosen the texture. (loosening the overall bulk of the hair)

both resulting in two different outcomes.

Edited by Nigerian queen - Aug 28 2008 at 7:48am
afrosista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrosista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2008 at 11:29am
texturizers and relaxers are similar but the texturiser is a much much milder version jus like Nigerian Queen said.  no one relaxes their hair with a texturiser cos it wnt get u the right results. a relaxer is more concentrated, more powerful, designed to give u bone straight hair. some ladies use the relaxer to tex lax... but that doesnt mean its the exact same thing as the texturiser. similar but different strengths and thus differnt results.
ThasLongHair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThasLongHair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2008 at 3:54pm
ITA WITH AFROSISTA
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style