BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Texturizers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Texturizer/Texlax Gone Wrong!!!

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
_nappy_x_roots_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _nappy_x_roots_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Texturizer/Texlax Gone Wrong!!!
    Posted: Mar 03 2010 at 12:54pm
So I decided that I was no longer going to be natural but I didn't really want to get a relaxer either. I just wanted my hair to be a little more manageable, so I went to cvs and purchased Just For Me Texture Softener.. Ouch

The back of my head is completely straight and when I saw that I kind of panicked and washed it out. Now I clearly have a mess on my head, the nape is straight, the middle is half kinky curly and half curly and the front is wavy.. I want to fix it but I know that if I were to go over it right away I might cause some serious damage.

Any ideas and tips?

How long should I wait before I go over it again? I don't mind being straight again I just don't want to have to flat iron every week.

Angry
Sponsored Links

jineat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jineat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2010 at 7:34pm
I would wait two weeks and I would put an oil over the straight part and then finish the rest of the hair.
Lrigyttiw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lrigyttiw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2010 at 12:57pm
Did you comb it to make it straight?
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2010 at 1:05pm
you should wait 2-3 weeks and make someone do a correctice relaxer for you...a good hair dresser would do or a friend that knows what they are doing.
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2010 at 6:32pm
texturizing is a tricky process...thats why I stopped.  You always gamble when you put that stuff on your head, I found out.  Some are good at it, but most aren't.   

You definately should wait 2-3 weeks before doing any chemical.  Your hair might revert during that time if you wash and deep condition during that time.  If after a month, you don't see any reversion, or very little, then would be the time to consider correcting it w/ a relaxer, or doing a big chop and start fresh so that you will have just one even texture to work with.

Edited by Tbaby - Mar 04 2010 at 6:39pm
ChrANGist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrANGist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2010 at 8:16pm
As suggested, go to a stylist that knows texturizers. Or, wait a good 2-3 weeks. You have to learn your hair and know how quick your hair straightensand what hair type it is. My hair is resistant and have to comb through.  Maybe you can taper the back and have the rest redone.
GoingNatural86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoingNatural86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2010 at 1:14am
I would wait at least 3 week.. Make sure to wash and condition at least once a week... (you might see changes with you texture from washing) When you texturize again start at the kinkiest section working ur way to the straightest
akadiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akadiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2010 at 2:12pm

I have texturized my hair 3 times a year for 3 years without any problems. I tried Just
For Me Texture softener.  My coarse 4a-4b hair went staight in 10 minutes with no comb thru.
What in the hell had happened. This stuff must  have dynamite in it.  I understand wht so many little girls  hair is jacked the hell up. Never again.

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2010 at 2:20pm
i just noticed that this was dated in march.  so, op what did you do?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic