Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Ghonda35 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Texturizer moisture
    Posted: Feb 02 2010 at 1:00pm
First time on. I got a texturizers on Dec 31st. First question how often do you get touch-up? How do you keep it moisturized during the winter? My hair is very dry. What did I do Wrong? Cry    
Sponsored Links

vkb247 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2010 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Ghonda35 Ghonda35 wrote:

First time on. I got a texturizers onDec 31st. First question how often do you get touch-up? How do you keep it moisturized during the winter? My hair is very dry. What did I do Wrong? [IMG]http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/smileys/smiley19.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Cry" />     

Welcome!

You get a touch up when you have at lease an inch of new grow - about every 3 months. But this will depend on how long your hair is, how well you can manage your new growth, and how different your texturized hair texture is from your natural texture. I texturize about twice a year.

During the winter you want to keep your hair protected from the harsh, cold air so hats and hoodies are great especially when you are outside. But keep in mind that cotton, wool, and similar fabrics will dry your hair out too so get some silk/satin scarves and bonnets to wear underneath and for sleeping year round.

You might also need to use heavy moisturizers like shea butter instead of coconut oil over your moisturizer during the winter. If you use products with glycerin in them they will take moisture out of your hair if there isn't enough moisture in the air. Be careful with those products even when in the AC. You can also try deep conditioning more frequently. I would recommend giving yourself a deep treatment every week or every time you wash if you are having problems with dryness.

Can you tell us more about how often you was h your hair, what you wash it with, what products you use, etc? Around here we call that a regimen or reggie and it will help use give you better suggestions.
Ghonda35 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2010 at 6:50pm
  Thank you so much for the advise. I use Design Essentials, Therapeutics Rx, SCurl Texurizer Stylin' Gel and Hawaiian Silky Moisturizer and Sheen. What form of Shea butter do you suggest for my hair? Does you hair get dry during sleep? I like not permimg my hair or using curling iron. It's just trying to get a hold on this new hair style. Embarrassed  So all suggestions are welcome.
vkb247 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2010 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Ghonda35 Ghonda35 wrote:

Thank you so much for the advise. I use Design Essentials, Therapeutics Rx, SCurl Texurizer Stylin' Gel and Hawaiian Silky Moisturizer and Sheen. What form of Shea butter do you suggest for my hair? Does you hair get dry during sleep? I like not permimg my hair or using curling iron. It's just trying to get a hold on this new hair style. Embarrassed So all suggestions are welcome.

I use some Design Essentials stuff but for straightening. Don't know anything about Therapeutics.

I would suggest unrefined but I really don't know because its a favorite on the hair boards but I don't use it! My hair does get drier while I sleep but I usually mist it with water or moisturizer in the morning to refresh my style and then put some oil over that.

Have you tried cowashing? Are you sleeping with silk or satin on your head or pillowcase?
Ghonda35 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2010 at 3:16pm
What exactly is cowashing? Yes, I do sleep with satin cap. My hair is still very dry in the morning, Almost crunchy.
newin2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2010 at 12:32pm
Co-washing is washing with conditioner only.
ChrANGist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2010 at 8:46pm
Maybe some sprays such as the one from Scurl, or the one from the short looks line may help to moisturize. Sometimes its the only thing that will work for me when my hair gets too dry. Try one of the activator sprays with a lot of glycerin in it. The only thing is, you might not like the wet/greasy feel. Use it sparingly.
vkb247 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2010 at 10:57pm
If you are waking up with crunchy hair than try moisturizing at night before you go to sleep. Dry hair will eventually lead to damaged hair so try to do whatever you can to keep it moist. Have you tried bagging? Do any of your products have silicone in them? Silicones make my hair crunchy no matter what. Have you tried clarifying to make sure you don't have build up? Sometimes when your hair won't hold moisture it is really because you need some protein to hold the moisture in. Try starting out with adding a little yogurt to your dc if you are not sure how your hair works with proteins.
ChrANGist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2010 at 4:23pm
Good info VKB
made2bebeauty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2010 at 7:35pm
I was having a lot of problem with dry hair and hard to manageCry, so I  recentlydecided to texturized my hair with african pride and I must say IM VERY HAPPY  Big%20smilewith the results!  I text in January and every week I co wash and deep condition. I plan to retext in 3month. For now eco styler on  my  edges  to keep the new grow  down and I use s curl gel mix with castor oil and olive oil! This leave my hair well moisturize and curly
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic