FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Texturising natural hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Shardd:) View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shardd:) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Texturising natural hair
    Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 3:06pm
I'm thinking of possibly texturising my natural hair. I just want more manageability, and I only ever really like my hair when it has some kind of heat applied to it, like when its blown out or puffy straight. I have like a Z type pattern, I'm not very curly, so if In was to texturise I'm hoping it will just look like puffy natural hair rather than get coils and curls?

So yeah I was just hoping for soem advice on acheiving the whole blow out look/puffy straight hair with a texturiser.
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:45am
Relaxing/texturizing is tricky. Most regret it, but I do understand where you are coming from...But your coily hair will puff and give you a blown out look the healthier it becomes and the more you manipulate it by trying different styling techniques. Afro hair can take on any shape, this is what makes our hair so awesome. While it takes on various shapes, the key is to keep it in the desired shape. That is the trick, because Afro hair always wants to revert back to its God given shape which is a coil. And coils shrink.....My hair is also tightly coily, but through deep conditioning and daily oiling it keeps any style very well. But it took me months to get it this way. I rarely get ssk and I sometimes I sleep with my hair out at night, which is a no no, but I stay busy. With care anyone can have manageable knot free afro hair just as any other texture.....Just wanted to encourage you.....So for your texturizer, I would think about it a little more before proceeding, the problem with texturizing long afro hair is that most cases it gets to straight. Or the person is looking to get more curls than coils, but this is not your case. You just want a blown out look, right? That is good. I would suggest testing your hair in small sections to see how long it will take you to get a blown out look. And before that go through your hair wet and take notice of your natural coil pattern so you can know the spots that are tighter in coils than the others. Because those areas will  process differently.

Suggestions:
Go through hair take note of your different coils patterns, because each will require different timing.

Test out a small section of your hair, to see how long it will take to process.

I would only smooth with my fingers no brushes or combs since you want a blown out look.

Buy a kiddy relaxer instead of an adult one, although you may need two boxes for an adult.

Texturize the the front half one day and the back the next day so you can take your time to get it right.

Know that the ends will probably come out straight, so you may have to cut them.

If you hair is fine, I do not recommend a texturizer/relaxer. Just to tricky and damaging.

Just a little help is all I could offer. I did this before many years ago, and regretted it. Also see if you can  speak to a professional stylist in person. Tell her/him what you want, chemicals are science and it is all about timing and accuracy, which is better done by a professional. Blessings!!!

Napp View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Napp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 6:55pm
if you like the blow out look why dont you just blow your hair out, sans chemicals?Confused
thathair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thathair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 9:42am
Actually,my hair is texturized with DUKE TEXTURIZER. I have also use Botanicals texturizer and SCurl.I ve been texturized since 1998.
Now Iam tired of texturizer and I am thinking about putting a relaxer. In the future I would rather be natural or relaxed.
The texturized hair tangle too much for me
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 8:24am
Most people I know who have gotten a texturizer end up cutting their hair off after a while. I hear you have to keep it up otherwise your hair will break off..if you decide you don't want to get it anymore, you will have to cut it out..this is what I heard. You can use your fingers to manipulate your curls. Also, for more manageability try running a comb through your hair while the conditioner is in it. This helps a lot 
PrettyEyez82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrettyEyez82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Shardd:) Shardd:) wrote:

I'm thinking of possibly texturising my natural hair. I just want more manageability, and I only ever really like my hair when it has some kind of heat applied to it, like when its blown out or puffy straight. I have like a Z type pattern, I'm not very curly, so if In was to texturise I'm hoping it will just look like puffy natural hair rather than get coils and curls?

So yeah I was just hoping for soem advice on acheiving the whole blow out look/puffy straight hair with a texturiser.

I too am a natural of 5 years who will be Texlaxing in a few weeks. Long hair care forum has a lot of information regarding that topic. The ladies there are very helpful. Hope that helps.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 10:12pm
Texlaxing is a grab bag.

I did it for like 4/5 months in 2011 and it was a pain. Mainly my issue was that unlike a relaxer where the end goal is to get it bone straight, with a texlax, you REALLY have to watch your timing, otherwise, you totally lose your curl pattern and now you're stuck with a Censored up curl pattern. And that's exactly what happened to me. I had 3c curls at the bottom and stick straight hair at the top...was very pissed.

IMO, it's not worth it, and even going to a pro is not a guarantee that you'll get the right results every time. If you're going to even eyeball chemicals...just go all the way and relax.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 10:16pm
I would also add, if you really want to make your hair more manageable, consider henna treatments and/or terressentials mud wash.

I do both on my natural hair and although it wasn't a goal of mine, it ended up making my 4a/4b hair more manageable.

Both take time, as it's not going to instantly drop your curls over night and in the case of henna, you need to do at least 4 or 5 applications before you see your curl pattern change. But, they're 100% natural and you don't have to stress about application methods and/or how long you leave it on.

Do a search on henna treatments that use body art quality (not henna rinse dye!!) henna. Plus, not only did it loosen my curls somewhat, but it also conditioned them and made it stronger, plus conditioned my scalp so I have much less of a dandruff problem.
purpledoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpledoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 1:32pm
I am going to try it thanks.
Shardd:) View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shardd:) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Napp Napp wrote:

if you like the blow out look why dont you just blow your hair out, sans chemicals?Confused

because constant heat all the time damages hair? :s
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>