Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Texturizers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Texturiser turned my hair straight...

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Aerie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aerie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Texturiser turned my hair straight...
    Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 7:46am
I went to a salon, to get my hair texturised "professionally". I brought in the Just For Me texture softener, so I know the right product was used.

I washed it at home a day later, and it's straight and looks a bit under processed if that even makes sense. Like some areas are "frizzy" others aren't, I'm so depressed. 
I'd been natural my whole life, 20 years, and I really did love my hair, I just need more manageability and wanted looser curls that I could do some wash and go with. 

Ha. I used to love my hair when it was wet, now I can't stand it. So I'm going to be stuck wearing my hair straight for the next decade as I wait for this to grow out. I even contemplated the big chop last night, which I thought I'd never do. Sigh. 

My hair also feels like thread, which probably means I need protein right? I'm going to pick up a Aphogee two step today or tomorrow, and do it asap. I'm hoping it'll help me accept it better. 
Does anyone have any advice or anything? :/ 
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 2:01pm
I would definitely use a protein/reconstructor if your hair is feeling fragile.  I don't know if you are up to it but have you consider wearing wet sets?  Invest in some perm rods or if you can find it Strawllers or Curlformers and play around with it.  I would definitely look on youtube to get some ideas and see if that is what you want.  Hopefully more people will respond.
Aerie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aerie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

I would definitely use a protein/reconstructor if your hair is feeling fragile.  I don't know if you are up to it but have you consider wearing wet sets?  Invest in some perm rods or if you can find it Strawllers or Curlformers and play around with it.  I would definitely look on youtube to get some ideas and see if that is what you want.  Hopefully more people will respond.
Thanks so much for your response. 

I don't know much about wetsets, I would definitely be interested in that if it helps form curls! Thanks for that suggestion. I do have a set of rods, the ones that bend on their own? I forget what their called. 

As for treatments, I went to the BSS and mentioned my issue to the lady, she said it sounds like the hair is overprocessed, and that using protein (aka the Aphogee Two Step) would make it worse, she suggested the ORS Replenishing Pak, so I picked that up. I'm going to try that one tonight and see how it goes. 
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 10:49am
Whoops on my part.  I consider wet sets and wrapping wet hair into curlers the same thing. 
taylorDUHH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taylorDUHH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 11:43am
Whoever you went to pulled on your hair which your not supposed to put any pressure on it. Because it will straighten it like a perm. Hope she makes up for itConfusedConfusedConfused
Aerie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aerie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by taylorDUHH taylorDUHH wrote:

Whoever you went to pulled on your hair which your not supposed to put any pressure on it. Because it will straighten it like a perm. Hope she makes up for itConfusedConfusedConfused
YES. SHE DID. 

That's exactly what she did. I remember her pulling on it and saying "I'm just smoothing it out to make it silkier." 

Ai ya yai. I do not even want to set foot back into that shop now that I'm looking back on the experience. She did a LOT of things wrong. 
Pulling on my hair as well as leaving it on for too long as in 20+ minutes. 

Right now I'm just trying to heal the hair, I'm going to dye it myself in two week or so, a new colour will make me happier. 
hautsdeseine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hautsdeseine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 1:29pm
Any pics?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply