Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Texture Mishap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 8:37pm
I was just actually debating this myself a few wks back. I think in this case, maybe the wefts would match if you blew out your hair instead of flat ironing.

In my case, it would work like this:

KS - blow out on low (until like 75-80% dry so I can get the kinks to show).
IY/Coarse Yaki - blow out on medium heat + tension method (until 90% dry and then braid so it doesn't kink up).
Yaki - flat iron (roller set preferred).
LY - roller set + silk wrap (never tried this yet, but it's my theory).

Sponsored Links

CallMeLaLa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 8:42pm
Interesting Kocoa, I never thought about it like that! Thanks for the break down girl.
MeLu_Founder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MeLu_Founder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 2:11pm

Sorry about your dilemma, as Naturals we forget how versatile our hair is and how strait it can get with the right amount of heat and technique. My go to is ALWAYS a closure, just for that reason. Once I got a hold of the right one I found no reason to go back to leave-out.  Any who, I think you can pull it off by having the hair pressed. If the textures still do not blend as well as you like my only other suggestion would be to purchase a matching closure or leave the smallest  amount of leave out as possible. Good Luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by MeLu_Founder MeLu_Founder wrote:

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Mso><FONT face=Calibri>Sorry about your dilemma, as Naturals we forget how versatile our hair is and how strait it can get with the right amount of heat and technique. My go to is ALWAYS a closure, just for that reason. Once I got a hold of the right one I found no reason to go back to leave-out. <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>Any who, I think you can pull it off by having the hair pressed. If the textures still do not blend as well as you like my only other suggestion would be to purchase a matching closure or leave the smallest <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>amount of leave out as possible. Good Luck!<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 4:15pm
Thank you for your input and the tip on pressing the hair out. I'm really considering closures. I tried one before and it looked so unnatural I wanted to fire my hair stylist, so I'm a little hesitant.
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Nadiesca Nadiesca wrote:

Just flat iron the hair extensions...it will match your texture

I agree. And in the future just do a light press or a blow out on your leave out. I wear KS and have worn coarse yaki and I just do a blow out to blend. I prefer the body and volume that I get  (versus a flatter/straighter look) so its perfect for me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:18pm
Thanks for your input joileprincess! I am a big fan of having body in my styles.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12