Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Texture Mishap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
CallMeLaLa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Texture Mishap
    Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 9:45pm
Ok, so my hair is the nappiest in all of the Knappy Kingdom and I wanted to rock straight hair this time around so I ordered coarse yaki hair. After I ordered the hair, I went to a hair salon and got my tresses pressed out for the first time since I've been natural. I received my wefts in the mail today and part of me is wondering if I ordered the wrong texture. In hindsight, I should have ordered the weave after I got my hair done, but I didn't. So, do you ladies think I can make this texture work or should I go with something else? I think I can make this weave work... 
Here's a visual. Top Left: Press out a few workouts later. Top Right: Hair freshly pressed. Bottom Left: Hair in its natural state. Bottom Right: Coarse yaki weft.

<.length;r++var>

Edited by CallMeLaLa - Mar 11 2014 at 9:58pm
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 9:46pm
Please edit the post and take all that crap out. 
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 11:01pm
maybe when your hair reverts a lil more, but the wefts actually look noticeably more coarse than your hair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 12:14am
Thanks msjaim2! I am so salty, lol! I was ready to rock me some straight hair. So should I go for light yaki then?
Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 1:22am
Just flat iron the hair extensions...it will match your texture
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 6:08am
Yeah yaki will go better with your hair since its looks pretty good flatironed. Do you want to keep flatironing your hair?Cry 
I love the natural curls you have. 
jeli20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jeli20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 8:23am
 take good care of your natural hair when flat ironing! All the hard work and growth will go down the drain bc of heat damage. next time just braid down your natural hair and only flat iron the leave out. USE LOTS of heat protectant, each time u flat iron!

your natural texture isnt that nappy at all. lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Nadiesca Nadiesca wrote:

Just flat iron the hair extensions...it will match your texture

Interesting thought, thank you Nadiesca!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 2:14pm
"Yeah yaki will go better with your hair since its looks pretty good flatironed. Do you want to keep flatironing your hair I love the natural curls you have."

Nooooo I don't! But I want to wear straight hair for a change, so a closure may be the best option. & Thank you for the compliment!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by jeli20 jeli20 wrote:

take good care of your natural hair when flat ironing! All the hard work and growth will go down the drain bc of heat damage. next time just braid down your natural hair and only flat iron the leave out. USE LOTS of heat protectant, each time u flat iron!

your natural texture isnt that nappy at all. lol

Yes I know, I'm thinking I should go with a closure because I am so scared of heat damage. Thanks for the tips!
& I broke two teeth off of a comb a few weeks back!! Hahahaha!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic