Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

texture and tones lightest blonde HELP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
dymunsr4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dymunsr4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: texture and tones lightest blonde HELP
    Posted: Aug 21 2011 at 10:07am

Okay so last night I decided I wanted to dye my virgin natural BLACK hair blonde, I have no idea why I blelieved the box and thought this could actually be acheived in one sitting. Anywho I used Texture and Tones lightest blonde left it on my hair for about 45 min and now its bright ORANGE. I as hoping for a honey golden hue. I'm big on hair health so since then I have had a hot oil treatment followed by an over night ORS condition. My hair is back to its normal state but I still want that color, any suggestions besides going to the salon.

Sponsored Links

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2011 at 11:44am
Was this done on your actual hair or on extensions? IMO, if you're trying to go from a 1/1b color to a beyonce blonde, you need a professional stylist. Because quite honestly, to go from super dark to light, you need a to strip the hair of its current color and then color it with whatever dye of your choice. 

It's a 2 step process and if done incorrectly can permanently damage your hair. At home coloring systems for dark hair is only good if you're going 2 to 3 shades lighter than the original color. It's easy to go from blonde to black but it's very hard to go in the reverse. 
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2011 at 11:54am
Also, I think you over processed too...which is why it went orange. Most likely you wouldn't have gotten the bright blonde, but a warmer honey blonde instead.

I don't dye my hair but I do dye my flw and extensions all the time and I usually use the AA oriented at home dye kits because usually the color deposit is stronger than Garnier, L'Oreal, etc mainstream ones. After applying I usually only let it sit for another 15 - 20 min. total. Keep in mind that the color is processing on your hair as soon as you put it in - so if it took you 20 min to apply and then you let it sit for another 45, in total you let it sit in your hair for over an hour!!

Try going to the store and buying that "Oops Blonde" (available in the BSS and drug store). That's supposed to tone down coloring mistakes. Do a bunch of DCs, wait about two weeks or three if you can and try again. If that doesn't work, it might not be what you want but go to the salon!
dymunsr4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dymunsr4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2011 at 1:25pm
thanks for the advice, ive been deep conditioning since last night and its actually has toned down alot thank god! if i dont like it next week i will try the corrector you mentioned
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2011 at 2:39am
Your hair turned orange because it's a Level 7 gold blonde and your natural coor is a level 1 black. You have to pre-lighten when attempting to go 5 levels lighter than your natural hair color. Also gold base hair colors tend to make hair look more orange than anything, try to go for neutral blonde shades instead.
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2011 at 2:44am
Originally posted by RedSoxtober RedSoxtober wrote:

Your hair turned orange because it's a Level 7 gold blonde and your natural coor is a level 1 black. You have to pre-lighten when attempting to go 5 levels lighter than your natural hair color. Also gold base hair colors tend to make hair look more orange than anything, try to go for neutral blonde shades instead.

THIS

when you're LEAPING you always have to bleach (pre lighten) first ..............THEN add color............you have to remove color to get color

and be careful with your base too N/G/A = neutral gold ash
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2011 at 2:54am
I have naturally dark hair (1B or 2 I guess) and I use the box colors to get my hair color (honey-ish blonde). I think the best one I would recommend to start with is found at Sally's called "Loreal for dark hair only" with a 30 or 40 developer. To retouch my roots I just buy the cheapest dye at Wal-mart (Revlon color silk).

One time I used the Organix Keratin treatment and it turned my hair Carrot Orange, which happens  to be a hideous color on me... so the lady at Sally's recommended a Toner by Wella , it's called "White lady", and it took the Carrot color out.

I know stylists (and a lot of Sally's workers) recommend going straight for the bleach when attempting to lighten hair, but I highly advise against it if you CAN lighten with box colors.(unless youre getting it professionally done I guess) I know everyone's head is different, and there are safer ways of using bleach... but bleach seriously killed the strands of my hair I hi-lited back when I was young.

anyway, here is my box colored head

I've recently tried the other Wella colors at Sally's (1070) to get it a more beige blonde to match my weave, I like it a lot too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2011 at 3:52am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

I have naturally dark hair (1B or 2 I guess) and I use the box colors to get my hair color (honey-ish blonde). I think the best one I would recommend to start with is found at Sally's called "Loreal for dark hair only" with a 30 or 40 developer. To retouch my roots I just buy the cheapest dye at Wal-mart (Revlon color silk).

One time I used the Organix Keratin treatment and it turned my hair Carrot Orange, which happens  to be a hideous color on me... so the lady at Sally's recommended a Toner by Wella , it's called "White lady", and it took the Carrot color out.

I know stylists (and a lot of Sally's workers) recommend going straight for the bleach when attempting to lighten hair, but I highly advise against it if you CAN lighten with box colors.(unless youre getting it professionally done I guess) I know everyone's head is different, and there are safer ways of using bleach... but bleach seriously killed the strands of my hair I hi-lited back when I was young.

anyway, here is my box colored head

I've recently tried the other Wella colors at Sally's (1070) to get it a more beige blonde to match my weave, I like it a lot too.

Are you talking about L'Oreal Hi Color? I tried one of the blonde shades (it actually may have been a honey blonde shade)  on my naturally level 2 dark brown hair using the recommended 30 volume developer and the 1: 1.5 ratio recommended. It wasn't enough lift for my resitant hair. I get better results prelightening then using a toner.
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2011 at 4:11am
Yep, the loreal hi colors work for me.. I don't know if it has to do with the textures or what..or if my hair just likes boxed colors more than other people's Lol..My little sister has a much silkier texture than me, and it's also a naturally lighter brown than mine, and she says it didn't work for her!

But I love the hi-color brand, I used the magenta one for 4 yrs to get the Charli Baltimore (rihanna now) look with no bleach.

P.S. just curious, when yall say you pre-lighten, does that mean you bleach?

here are some other pics I had posted halfway down the page to show the colors the box gave me.  http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=311949&PN=1&title=lighter-hair-with-turquoise-streaks-pics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2011 at 10:42am
Yes, I'm talking about bleaching when I say pre-lighten. The term "hair bleach" tends to scare people on here, I noticed. In all honesty I'd be more afraid of hair relaxers since they damage hair a lot faster than bleach does....but that's just my opinion.
L'Oreal Hi-Color is okay, I've used some of their reds before with good results. My hair has a strong red underlying pigment that is difficult to break so in order me to acheive any blonde shade, I must pre-lighten with drabbers (blue-violet tones that are added to the lightener to neutralize underlying red orange and gold tones in hair that appear during the lightening process).  Some people have hair that's easy to lighten while others have to double process to get the correct tones. It's quite fascinating.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic