BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Texlaxing anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
sokei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sokei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Texlaxing anyone?
    Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 5:19pm
I've been natural going on 3 years now, been wearing set it off braids underneath a wig most of the time. I take my braids down every 6-8 weeks and do a one week breather. I don't do anything special (no co-wash, no deep conditioning, no oils, vitamins, etc) just spray oil sheen on the braids throw on the wig and go. 

I haven't been able to enjoy my hair for quite some time. I live in Texas and the humidity is suicide. I just want to know a little more about this texlaxing, I see ladies say the use relaxer but don't put in all the activator and replace it with oil and some who do full relaxers but leave it on for 5-10 min. Does anyone have a regimen for texlaxing with pictures? I have 4a/4b hair (small coils no zigzags)?
Sponsored Links

sokei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sokei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 6:54pm

My permed hair in 2008 ... 
Picture0211_edited.jpg

My natural hair in 2012 ...
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 11:34am
I did my first texlax after being natural for 3.5 years on January 25, 2013.

My stylist used design essential relaxer in regular and just let it sit for about 14 minutes with minimal smoothing.

I'm toying with the idea of self texlaxing on my future touch ups (as I prefer to DIY vs. paying LOL).
I've been watching videos and reading up on the process. My first touch up will be in May, so I have plenty of time to get well prepared.

So far my "regimen" has been to wash it at least 1x a week, use a mild protein DC and then DC with moisture.

I do blowdry with each wash and still use majority "natural" products a sulfate free shampoo and my staple oils (hemp, apricot kernel, wild growth, red palm oil).

My plan is to texlax after stretch 16 weeks.

If you feel like texlaxing, do your research and go for it!

So far I am beyond happy with my hair.
If I feel like going natural again in the future, I'll def do it again.

slayfresh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slayfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2013 at 7:52pm
yaya I would love to see photos i have been considering it myself...
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2013 at 8:49pm
Sounds like you don't take care of your hair now but want to texlax?

That will require even more care since you will be dealing with "damaged" hair.

Not trying to be rude, but if you do it...don't think you can get away w/ the same routine you currently use.
sokei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sokei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2013 at 2:53pm
Thanks yaya, I would love to see photos! And bebe its not that I don't care but I have 2 jobs, a 10 month old, and a husband who acts like my other child, combined with housework and school, I just cannot spend a whole lot of time on my hair.

sokei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sokei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2013 at 2:57pm
IMAG0757-1.jpgIMAG0757-1
my natural hair 2012

Edited by sokei - Feb 17 2013 at 3:21pm
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2013 at 7:35pm
Sokei - You are doing a FABULOUS job with your natural hair.
It looks very healthy.

My hair was a mess from trying to go heat free for a long time as a natural and my endless ssk.

Heyyyy Slay (waves) Smile
When I got my hair texlaxed I also got a HUGE cut. My straight hair is Full SL.
I am a 4B, so my texlaxed hair is not curly.
Its basically highly textured relaxed hair.
Here are some pics:

Day 1:

Every week I have been doing a braided out bun (I'm in the PS challenge at LHCF).

sokei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sokei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2013 at 5:57pm
wow thanks yaya, your hair is thick and I like the way your texture looks
dashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 4:10pm
IA with bebe on this one. Sounds like you do not have the time on your hands to do much with your hair. I am texlaxed myself and I love it. I too was natural for 4 years before texlaxing, but I'm afraid you'll need to have a much better regimen to maintain chemically treated hair.

My advice to you as a busy working mum with a partner too is to wait for now. Wait until the little one is older and you are done with your studies, that way you will have the time and energy to maintain and grow texlaxed hair.

I'm afraid although your hair appears to be thriving just now,it'll not do well with your current regimen when texlaxed.

Edited by dashi - Feb 20 2013 at 4:14pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System