Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Terry Crews defend fathers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Terry Crews defend fathers
    Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 10:19am
Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 10:30am

this debate will never end

fathers are important and many single mothers will not agree with him (sh*t even some married women/women in relationships won't agree)

fathers are extremely important, good male role models are extremely important
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 10:39am
i posted this video in the "is your mommy your daddy" thread too....Whoopi was getting on my nerves shaking her head ready to disagree....Sherri Shepard understood where Terry was coming from tho...and who is that white chick...she really think she can play both roles and teach a boy how to be a man

disagree with the black man but make sure those gays aren't offended
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 10:41am
I don't agree. His argument is hetero-normative and based on people sticking to prescribed gender roles.

If it opened it up to children needing a parent with more stereotypical masculine attributes to become a well rounded individual, then maybe I could get with it.
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 10:42am
I don't know why this is even debatable. I commend single mothers. But it takes two people to make a child for a reason. Women aren't MEANT to do it alone. 
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 10:42am
i don't understand how anyone can claim an active parent is somehow less than the other.
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 10:42am
Whoopi and the white woman's line of thinking is why our generation and generations to come will be screwed. People really think a house without a male figurehead should be cool. Things happen for a reason, sure. But in no way should it be negated that a responsible male figure should be a staple in raising children. Case closed.
HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 10:48am
ehh...........I'll just thank everything Femme saysThumbs Up
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 10:51am
I understand what he's saying. I think what might have rubbed people the wrong way is this line about a man giving you his name and his inheritance, as if the mother has no part in providing that inheritance.

But what he said about a man providing a child with a sense of emotional security is key. A POSITIVE ROLE MODEL, that is. Because you have children out there who have both parents in their life but if the male figure is negative because of his own unresolved issues, that can do just as much harm as if the male figure was never present in the first place.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 19 2014 at 10:52am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 10:53am
terry crews is a feminist and i dig that

didnt watch the vid not showing up on my screen
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic