FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedTerrorist attack in kenya .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 3.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

This is just... awful

p.s. I wouldn't be surprised if most Americans are shocked that Kenya had modern malls
I saw several comments like that online . SMH

dont feel too bad. They thought Haiti was in Africa, so.

this is horrible though. sigh

Sponsored Links

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 12:55pm
oh God, the fear this woman mustve had for her children's lives

Protection: A mother and her children lie on the floor as they attempt to hide while the gunmen armed with automatic weapons go on the rampage
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

the best way to ignore something is to bring it to everyone's attention.....   yeahStern Smile
Bunny I am only going to tell you this once . Don't return with that sarcastic harrasing crap with me . I can't control or care about you posting under another username , but i be dam if you are going to start with me again . I have not said a word to you since you came back . You will be the first to claim you did nothing wrong , but look at this uncall for mess in a serious topic . I refuse to stoop to your kid games . I will report you if you harrass me again .
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

oh God, the fear this woman mustve had for her children's lives

Protection: A mother and her children lie on the floor as they attempt to hide while the gunmen armed with automatic weapons go on the rampage
Loook like she told the babies to play dead . CryCry
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 9:48am

Kenya's Interior Ministry also gave reason for hope: "We're very near the end."

But four days after Al-Shabaab terrorists stormed the swanky mall, several gunmen -- including snipers -- were still inside, two senior officials said.

And it's uncertain how many hostages might still be trapped, although Kenyan officials tweeted early Tuesday that they believed all of them had been freed.

Hours later, the sound of an explosion was heard coming from the mall.

"We are doing cleanup of explosives that had been set up by the terrorists," police said.

At least 62 people were dead, the Kenya Red Cross said in its last accounting Monday. However, the death toll would not appear to include three Kenyan soldiers reported dead by the military Tuesday, and more bodies of civilians could remain inside the besieged mall.

And while the deadly siege drags on, the families of 65 people still unaccounted for don't know whether their loved ones escaped safely, are hiding somewhere in the vast mall or might be among the dozens killed by the terrorists.

Edited by india100 - Sep 24 2013 at 9:50am
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 12:00pm
A candy bar ?

Kenya mall siege: Mom says Westgate Mall terrorists gave her two kids Mars bars — and let them live

Pauline says Emily and Eliot were spared in a miracle in the middle of a massacre as they came face-to-face with a killer. 'He told me I had to change my religion to Islam and said, ‘Do you forgive us? Do you forgive us?’' she says. Meanwhile, Kenyan officials said they had 'taken control of all the floors' in the upscale shopping center in Nairobi. Three of the attackers were said to have been killed in the fighting Monday.

By Bill Hutchinson / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Updated: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 2:44 AM

< style=": static; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; MARGIN: 0px; WIDTH: 32px; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; HEIGHT: 20px; VISIBILITY: ; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px" id=I0_1380041713866 title=+1 =0 marginHeight=0 ="https://apis.google.com/_/+1/fast?bsv=o&usegapi=1&width=&annotation=none&size=medium&hl=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nydailynews.com&=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nydailynews.com%2Fnews%2Fworld%2Fkenya-forces-closing-besieged-mall-article-1.1464634&g=3p&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fscs%2Fapps-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fk%3Doz.gapi.en_US.vQiZFK6Lv-w.O%2Fm%3D__features__%2Fam%3DAQ%2Frt%3Dj%2Fd%3D1%2Frs%3DAItRSTMV2pqSPDArVBY5sBbKY2B-7q8Nkg#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_%2C_%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled%2Cd%2Ce%2C&id=I0_1380041713866&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nydailynews.com&pfname=&rpctoken=47700098" Border=0 width="100%" allowTransparency name=I0_1380041713866 marginWidth=0 scrolling=no -gapiattached="true">
Print
< style=": static; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; MARGIN: 0px; WIDTH: 32px; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; HEIGHT: 20px; VISIBILITY: ; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px" id=I1_1380041713889 title=+1 =0 marginHeight=0 ="https://apis.google.com/_/+1/fast?bsv=o&usegapi=1&width=&annotation=none&size=medium&hl=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nydailynews.com&=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nydailynews.com%2Fnews%2Fworld%2Fkenya-forces-closing-besieged-mall-article-1.1464634&g=3p&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fscs%2Fapps-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fk%3Doz.gapi.en_US.vQiZFK6Lv-w.O%2Fm%3D__features__%2Fam%3DAQ%2Frt%3Dj%2Fd%3D1%2Frs%3DAItRSTMV2pqSPDArVBY5sBbKY2B-7q8Nkg#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_%2C_%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled%2Cd%2Ce%2C&id=I1_1380041713889&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nydailynews.com&pfname=&rpctoken=36969332" Border=0 width="100%" allowTransparency name=I1_1380041713889 marginWidth=0 scrolling=no -gapiattached="true">
TMPOUT

Goran Tomasevic / Reuters

Children Emily, 6, and Eliot, 4, miraculously survived when a terrorist gave mother Pauline's kids Mars bars and told her she had to change her religion to Islam. “Naturally, I was going to say whatever they wanted and they let us go,” she said.

Bloodthirsty terrorists who brought jihad to a Kenyan mall showed no mercy to a pregnant woman and her partner, slaughtering the lovers two weeks before their first child was to be born.

Elif Yavuz and her partner, Ross Langdon, died in each other’s arms — one of the many horrifying stories from Westgate Mall in Nairobi, where 62 innocents were slain by a

Edited by india100 - Sep 24 2013 at 12:01pm
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 12:15pm

Samantha Lewthwaite: was the 'White Widow' at Westgate mall?

Samantha Lewthwaite

Reports a 'pale-skinned' woman was among the attackers reignite speculation about British terror suspect

Read more: http://www.theweek.co.uk/crime/nairobi-attack/55272/samantha-lewthwaite-was-white-widow-westgate-mall#ixzz2g1IwsBC0
http://www.theweek.co.uk/crime/nairobi-attack/55272/samantha-lewthwaite-was-white-widow-westgate-mall#ixzz2g1A4pXSJ
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Merin Merin wrote:

My girlfriend lives in DAR and has a friend living there. Her Momma barely escaped and saw them lining up CHILDREN and shooting them one by one. May these bastards be tortured and burn in hell.

Oh God
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2013 at 10:37am
September 2013 Last updated at 12:00 ET

Militants 'hired Kenyan mall shop'

The militants who led the attack on a Kenyan mall hired a shop there in the weeks leading up to the siege, senior security sources have told the BBC.

This gave them access to service lifts at Westgate enabling them to stockpile weapons and ammunition.

Having pre-positioned weapons they were able to re-arm quickly and repel the security forces.

Sixty-seven people are known to have died in the four-day siege. Kenya's Red Cross says 61 others are still missing.

Forensic experts are still combing the complex, looking for bodies and clues.

"Terrorism is an exploitation of openings" was the way Ndung'u Gethenji, chair of Kenya's parliamentary defence committee, described to me the attack in Nairobi. And the gunmen at the Westgate siege exploited those openings to the full to mount a "spectacular" that has wounded Kenya - and left its people shaken.

That extremist gunmen could secure a base within the mall in the weeks leading up to the attack and pre-position weapons is in itself astonishing. But for many Kenyans, audacious as it is, it will come as little surprise when bribery remains the currency of everyday life.

A few "bob" - (Kenya shillings) to "look the other way" is not unusual here, despite the best efforts of many brave Kenyans to rein the problem in. Porous borders and a ready supply of weapons have long fuelled the threat of violence in Kenya - an AK-47 costs just $450 (£280) today if you know the right people.

Many Kenyans now hope the legacy of Westgate will be tougher action to tackle dodgy deals. The human cost of not doing so has already been laid bare.

The Somali Islamist group al-Shabab, which is part of al-Qaeda, says it was behind the attack and the following siege at the upmarket mall in the Kenyan capital, Nairobi.

Kenya is in its third day of official mourning for both the civilian and military victims of the attack.

Fake IDs?

The BBC investigation has revealed how the Westgate gunmen were able to plan and carry out the siege, and how security breaches allegedly fuelled by corruption made it an attack waiting to happen.

To rent a shop, the militants would have needed fake IDs supplied by corrupt government officials.

The BBC has also confirmed more details about how they executed their attack.

Two vehicles dropped the Islamist extremists off outside before they forced their way into the mall, sources say.

They are also believed to have set up a base using a ventilation shaft as a hiding place, on the first floor.

Security sources have also confirmed a change of tack by the militants late on Saturday.

They rolled out heavy calibre machine guns, exploiting the moment when control of the security operation switched from the police to the military.

There are reports that this switchover was fraught with confusion.

Remains of cars and other debris can be seen of the parking lot outside the Westgate Mall in Nairobi, Kenya - 26 September 2013 New photos revealing some of the damage at the Westgate shopping centre have been released.
The remains of cars and other debris can be seen in a general view photographed from the rooftop, of the parking lot outside the Westgate Mall on 26 September 2013 They show how parts of the rooftop car park have collapsed down onto what is believed to be the supermarket area.
Westgate jewellery shop The manager of a jewellery shop allowed back into Westgate showed the BBC photos she took, showing that the store had been looted.
A man sits with the service leaflet during the funeral of Mbugua Mwangi and his fiancee Rosemary Wahito, in Nairobi, Kenya, Friday 27 September 2013 President Uhuru Kenyatta declared three days of official mourning this week. The funeral of his nephew and his nephew's fiancee took place in Nairobi on Friday.
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 5:00pm
A friend of mine was in the mall she escaped but her boyfriend was murdered. This whole thing was so senseless.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic