FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tempting fate? Titanic 2 to set sail in 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tempting fate? Titanic 2 to set sail in 2016
    Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 1:07pm
An Australian billionaire with nothing else to do with his $$$ is making this happen and it is currently in construction....

Titanic II Interior Plans Revealed

An Australian billionaire has released blueprints for the Titanic II, with plans to set sail across the Atlantic in 2016.

ap titanic II nt 130227 wblog Titanic II Interior Plans Revealed

Blue Star Line/AP Photo

Real estate and coal magnate Clive Palmer announced his plans at the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum in New York on Tuesday.  He said the replica will look and feel like the original Titanic. Some people may be uneasy about the idea, but Palmer said others are clearly fascinated by the Titanic’s story.

“The area [for] passengers will be authentic, with the same design and facilities. But there will be modern things such as air conditioning and other features we are debating — such as Internet on the ship,” Palmer said at a press conference.

ap titanic II 2 nt 130227 wblog Titanic II Interior Plans Revealed

Blue Star Line/AP Photo

The ship will be built in China. Crew members’ outfits will be inspired by the styles of 1912.  There will be dishes from the original menu for passengers to enjoy, Palmer said.

The Titanic II will carry 2,600 passenger and 900 crew members. There will be enough lifeboat space for all of them.

And to give passengers a true Titanic experience, there will be three passenger classes, just as there were  on the original ship in 1912. Palmer said those in first class will be kept apart from anyone in second or third class.

“There won’t be TVs in the staterooms, though,” Palmer said.

ap titanic II 3 nt 130227 wblog Titanic II Interior Plans Revealed

Blue Star Line/AP Photo

Palmer said 40,000 people have expressed interest in tickets on the ship, which will sail the original course from Southampton, England, to New York.

When asked about the original ship sinking and what makes his design different, Palmer said, “Anything will sink if you put a hole in it. I think it would be very cavalier to say it. I think people in the past have done that and lived to regret it.”

Palmer, a mining tycoon estimated to be worth $5.2 billion according to BRW magazine, wouldn’t announce ticket prices, but said prospective passengers are offering up to $1 million to get on board.

Palmer called the project “a tribute to the spirit of the men and women who worked on the original Titanic.”

The original Titanic, which sank in April 1912 after hitting an iceberg, has become one of the most enduring tragedies of the 20th century.  Some 1,500 people died when it went down; only 700 were saved.

ap titanic II 4 nt 130227 wblog Titanic II Interior Plans Revealed

Blue Star Line/AP Photo

Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 1:14pm
there are other ways to travel 

If anything were to happen, of course people would be like "told you so"

Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 1:20pm
I would want to take a tour of the boat but the class separation make me feel some kind of way. What's the cost?
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Ladycoils Ladycoils wrote:

I would want to take a tour of the boat but the class separation make me feel some kind of way. What's the cost?

Some people are offering up to $1 mil for tix.....
GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 1:29pm
Engineering and building have one a long way so it should be fine.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 1:35pm
I would pay to get on it if it was a affordable price...

Nevermind. I just looked at the class separation...f*ck that

Edited by BBpants - Dec 08 2013 at 1:36pm
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 1:44pm
I would not get on it
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 1:45pm
But why
SN2BPHD View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SN2BPHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 1:45pm
No black folks riding that ship.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 2:08pm
Smh...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>