Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Telling your age

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Telling your age
    Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 5:17am
Whenever I tell someone my age they are always amazed, especially white people (no shock there). As I age I am contemplating not be so free with telling people my true age. I always wondered why women did this. For me, at this point I guess its kind of fun just to see if I can get away with it. I have never lied about my age, but really is it so bad? Why or why not?
Sponsored Links

Harmonii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Harmonii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 5:49am
People are I'm amazed I'm 34. I can pass for 26 easily. My son is 13 and they think I'm his sister. Lol
And when my mom has my son they think he's hers and she's 63, but can pass for 40's

Edited by Harmonii - Apr 16 2013 at 5:49am
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 5:58am
what is the age you're telling people?
princesshoneybee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 6:04am
I tell people my age. no big deal to me.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 6:04am
Good black don't crack but bad black shatters

I see what you did there pity!
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 6:06am
i remember my grandmother, mother and her friends were talking about this topic and they said something to like a woman who tells her age will tell anything.  i always got the impression that it wasnt about the age itself but more about how others would view the womans moral character.

a few weeks ago one of the lab techs was hinting around about my age and when i was about to tell her she stopped me and said let me look it.  i laughed and said i couldve just told you and shook her head and said no and looked it up.

when i was at my dentist and her assistant asked my age for some paper work she was filling out my dentist (a female) interrupted her and said fill in adult. 

this woman who worked at my job was celebrating her birthday and brought in a cake and was telling any one who congratulated her how old she was.  one of the women came up to me and mentioned how strange it was she did that and that she couldnt be trusted.  i always remembered that because this was really the one woman in the department that couldnt be trustedLOL

Harmonii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 7:39am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Harmonii, gurl you know black don't crack.

You know ill never forget a Saturday morning kids and I were heading to grocery store. We were still in the car looking for a parking space and this man almost broke his neck looking at me. He left a note on my car and thought I was their babysitter. Smh
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 7:42am
yeah ppl are usually surprised to know my age.
its not a big deal to me...i never did understand why
ppl lied about it. i think its silly.

loveandpeace1984 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveandpeace1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 7:50am
People card me and stuff and I'm 28 years old. People really think I'm in high school especially when I shave.
beautiful_hair View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote beautiful_hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 7:52am
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

yeah ppl are usually surprised to know my age.
its not a big deal to me...i never did understand why
ppl lied about it. i think its silly.

Same here.  It doesn't bother me one bit.  I'm glad I'm the age I am, but can pass for much younger.  
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic