BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Telling people where you get your stuff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:19pm
Ooooooh, turquoise??? Shocked
Thanks, Midna!!! PRNena was being a meanie pants. 

Yeah, I could've googled, but I was testing y'allStern Smile...LOL...Stern Smile
Sponsored Links

sweet_n_stuff04 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sweet_n_stuff04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 9:25pm
I asked my friend if she was wearing Beyonce's perfume.
She got defensive and said yeah...don't go buying it cuz it's my perfume. Confused
I only asked her because I smelled it in the store before and thought it stank Dead

But on the topic: I tell people where I got my stuff...it's no big deal to me. Like someone else said before, they don't run out to get it immediately.
Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 9:29pm
Ain't nobody checking for lehengas around these parts...
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 9:52pm
depends
who is asking...
and what I think their motive is.

sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 9:52pm
the funny thing is that Iam willing to share where i get things from but I rarely ever share bhm for some reason.

FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 9:58pm
Sure do! Most of my clothes are thrifted so it's not like they are gonna go to Goodwill and find the exact item they asked me about anyway.

That being said, I seldom tell people the specific store I got something. I'm not assing myself out of a score in the name of chunky sisterhood. Damn that.

But good luck though.

Edited by FarraFace - Nov 09 2012 at 9:59pm
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:17am
^lol

There is this one chick I won't share with. One of those user chicks, who only speaks when she wants or needs something.

She lives in my apartment complex and will practically follow me asking what kinda hair I have, where did I get it from, where'd I get my shoes, oh that jacket is cute, I like that dress, who does your hair.

I'll see her a few days later and she won't say a word as she breezes by me in the shirt I just wore a couple of equal ago. Won't even acknowledge me.

Magically a couple of days later when she sees something else she likes, she's all smiles, waves, and small talk again.

Now when I see her, I suddenly suffer selective deafness .

Edited by ShadyLady - Nov 10 2012 at 1:21am
NailtechDC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NailtechDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 6:45am
It depends sometimes I will.  Depending on where I got it.  If it's thrifted I no longer tell people.

Most of my clothes are thrifted or vintage--and people would never know unless I tell. 
I used to tell people about my thrift store finds but then I started getting snide comments about wearing clothes that's been on someone elses A$$.  Plus I do buy nice new items from time to time and people would automatically assume they were thrifted..."oh how much did you get that for? Five Dollars?"   And I hated spending a lot of money on something and people just assuming it was used. So now I don't tell.

On My old job there was another lady who I would see at the thrift all the time and I guess she told people and anytime I was with a group of women and she was approaching,  They'd all be whispering "Oh here she come with her ol' dusty thrift store clothes."  LOL

Sometimes if I thrift something that's from Banana Republic, I'll just tell people I got it from BR. 
 I had someone ask me where I got a shirt from one time and I couldn't remember.  She reached down the back of my shirt and looked at the tag!!!
dee1672 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee1672 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 7:20am
Originally posted by freedom76 freedom76 wrote:

Where do you guys work at where you have coworkers copying how you dress?

I want to know this as well. I never had this issue on a job and definitely not in my career. Maybe cause I work in a male dominated field? *Shrugs*
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 7:27am
Originally posted by NailtechDC NailtechDC wrote:

It depends sometimes I will.  Depending on where I got it.  If it's thrifted I no longer tell people.

Most of my clothes are thrifted or vintage--and people would never know unless I tell. 
I used to tell people about my thrift store finds but then I started getting snide comments about wearing clothes that's been on someone elses A$$.  Plus I do buy nice new items from time to time and people would automatically assume they were thrifted..."oh how much did you get that for? Five Dollars?"   And I hated spending a lot of money on something and people just assuming it was used. So now I don't tell.

On My old job there was another lady who I would see at the thrift all the time and I guess she told people and anytime I was with a group of women and she was approaching,  They'd all be whispering "Oh here she come with her ol' dusty thrift store clothes."  LOL
 Tongue
Sometimes if I thrift something that's from Banana Republic, I'll just tell people I got it from BR. 
 I had someone ask me where I got a shirt from one time and I couldn't remember.  She reached down the back of my shirt and looked at the tag!!!
Wow..... I have found so many name brands thrifting. Those people are soo rude keep saving your money girl SmileSmileSmile oh and the lady who reached for your tag is CRAZY! lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic