FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Teens Arrested for Waiting for School Bus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Teens Arrested for Waiting for School Bus
    Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 6:10am

Three Teens Arrested for Waiting While Black

video

Neetzan Zimmerman

A police officer arrested three teens last week as they were standing outside a store in downtown Rochester, New York. Their crime: Waiting for a school bus.

The three boys — Raliek Redd, 16, Deaquon Carelock, 16, and Wan'Tauhjs Weathers, 17 — are star athletes at Edison Tech high school, and were waiting to be taken to a basketball game when they were spotted by an officer.

It seems the store adjacent to their pick-up spot was being monitored by police due to past complaints from the owner of teens loitering outside.

The officer asked the teens to disperse, but they explained that they were waiting to be picked up by a bus. The officer again asked the teens to disperse.

"We tried to tell them that we were waiting for the bus," Wan'Tauhjs told WHEC. "We weren't catching a city bus, we were catching a yellow bus. He didn't care. He arrested us anyways."

The three were charged with with disorderly conduct and obstructing the sidewalk.

While they were being handcuffed, their coach, Jacob Scott, arrived at the scene and attempted to reason with the cop.

"He goes on to say, 'If you don't disperse, you're going to get booked as well," Scott recalled. "I said, 'Sir, I'm the adult. I'm their varsity basketball coach. How can you book me? What am I doing wrong? Matter of fact, what are these guys doing wrong?'"

A school board member has since come out in defense of the arrested teens, saying this is not a new phenomenon.

"I'm very concerned about a pattern of young people being abused by police authority," Rochester City School Board Member Mary Adams is quoted as saying. "To me, this seems like a really clear case, part of a pattern."

The boys were scheduled to enter their plea before a judge last Friday, but their hearing has been postponed until December 11.

http://gawker.com/three-teens-arrested-for-waiting-while-black-1474787941

Sponsored Links

GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 6:17am
So sick of this sh*t!
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 6:19am
These NY cops are trying to fulfill their quota...assholes
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 6:22am
Yeah this is just disgusting
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 7:12am
Legally the cop had no right to arrest them because loitering in NY has very specific definitions.
GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 7:32am
Why is it a crime to just be black? What are white people really afraid of?
Cocoa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Cocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 7:33am

Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 7:55am
So even after the coach came and backed them up, they still got arrested?   Cops did them a favor because the lawsuit coming will pay for their college ed!
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 8:04am
People are going have to start walking around with hidden micro video cameras.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 8:57am
I'm convinced that the police use these arrests of young black men as a standard process to get our children's photos and fingerprints into their database.  I still haven't figured out why my son was arrested at 16 for sitting in a parked car minding his business.   Since they never could explain why they took my child downtown and booked him and then released him in the morning with no charges that's what I'm going to go with.  
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>