Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Teen spends 3 years in jail and charges dropped
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Teen spends 3 years in jail and charges dropped

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Teen spends 3 years in jail and charges dropped
    Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 4:40pm

Teenager spends 3 years in jail and charges dropped

Eyewitness News

NEW YORK (WABC) -- 20-year-old Kalief Browder may be physically free, but mentally he is still trapped behind bars on Rikers, where every day was a battle to survive.

"It's very hard when you are dealing with dudes that are big and have weapons and shanks and there are gangs," says Browder, "you know if you don't give your phone call up, or you don't give them what they want you know they are going to jump you. And it's very scary."

In May of 2010, Browder was a 16-year-old tenth grader, walking home on Arthur Avenue in the Bronx after a party. "This guy comes out of nowhere and says I robbed him. And the next thing I know they are putting cuffs on me. I don't know this dude. And I do over three years for something I didn't do."

Browder's family couldn't make the $10,000 bail on the robbery charges, and he had a legal aid attorney. Browder is now represented by a civil rights law firm.

"Someone who did not know Kalief Browder, and simply told the police officer, 'Officer I was robbed two weeks ago and that kid did it', that's where it ended. That was the identification," said Browder's attorney, Paul Prestia. Browder said that at the time, the stress was overwhelming, and at some point he tried to commit suicide.

"I mean like every time I go to court, I think I'm, going home, and I go to court, and absolutely nothing happens," adds Browder, "I was feeling so much pain, and it was all balling in my head, and I just had to grab my head and I can't take it."

He missed his sister's wedding, the birth of his nephew, and so many family events. In January, Browder says he was offered a plea deal after 33 Months in jail, which he refused.

"The judge was trying to give me time served, and she is telling me if I am not taking it and I lose at trial I can get 15 years," notes Browder.

Browder went back to jail, and in June, he was freed with no explanation.

"They just dismissed the case and they think it's all right. No apology, no nothing," he says, "they just say 'case dismissed, don't worry about nothing'. What do you mean, don't worry about nothing? You just took 3 years of my life."

Browder is now trying to make up for those three years of high school that he lost by taking courses to get his GED. "I didn't get to go to prom or graduation. Nothing," Browder says, "those are the main years. They are the main years. And I am never going to get those years back. Never. Never."

Browder is trying to move forward. He expects to get his GED by the end of the year, and is desperately trying to find a job.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/investigators&id=9317078
Sponsored Links

Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 4:50pm
I watched the video & geezis kryst!!!!  I wanna cry!!

That is why the innocence project is one of the FEW charities I give to
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 4:53pm
Got dammit. Such fckery like this still happens?!!!?? #sigh
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 4:54pm
oh & ni99ers like Corey Denton don't help this case.  Deviants like him are the reason why
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

oh & ni99ers like Corey Denton don't help this case.  Deviants like him are the reason why

this is what I was talking about when I said bunny uses the n-er word
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 5:55pm
Poor kid he should sue all parties
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 6:35pm

Really tired of of racist justice system . I hope he wins millions .

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 6:38pm
Not surprised it happened in NYC
solena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote solena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 7:13pm
go home dont worry about nothing are they serious?? i hope he gets every penny he may ask for.
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 7:34pm
WOOOOOOW!I hope he sues and wins big. That's so f'ed up. Now what if one of his suicide attempts were successful...they would have killed an innocent man.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>